Anyone miss the dueling piano bar-Offbeat?

Tinky624

Mouseketeer
Just thinking about all the fun we have had on past cruises and we always loved going to the dueling piano bar and participating in the sing-alongs! Although we love the sports bar that took its place, it is a part of the cruise that we now miss. We understand that some of the songs and shoutings are not Disneyesque, but it is all about having fun after the sun goes down and the kids are in bed!

I really wish they had kept this--even if they only did it one night a week. I bet it would be really well attended.

I loved this show!
Why did they discontinue it in the first place? Anyone know??? I wish they would bring it back!!!! :wizard:

I miss it too, I love Jellyrolls.... but the shows I went to were poorly attended, so I guess they decided to drop them. I wish they would use the piano in Diversions for singalongs on nights other than pub night.

I love jellyrolls too. I was never onboard when they had it,but I sure wish t was back. We would definitely go to that.

Even better was the improv comedy (Think Who's Line is it Anyway) prior to the dueling pianos.

The most likely explanation for why no dueling pianos is a cost factor.

We loved Dueling Pianos...saw them 2 nights of our 3 night cruise. We missed them on our 7 day cruise last year.

I'm glad there are so many others that enjoyed this as much as we did Thanks. :woohoo:

Euphscott- I belive the Improve comedy show was on the wonder which we have seen and relley enjoyed that as well. I could be wrong but I don't think there was a Improve show in Offbeat aboard the Magic. :confused3

Wow, the dueling piano bar on DCL....that's a nice blast from the past memory. DH and I loved this and we were very sorry to see it go. :( We always enjoyed going to JellyRolls at Disney's Boardwalk resort too.

We loved the dueling pianos too! We went every night! We were disappointed when they stopped that show. We actually saw one of the performers in Las Vegas the following year.

Offbeat was originally an improv comedy club. I saw one of their shows on my first cruise on the Magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter