anyone members of a supper club?????

JoBird

<font color=7570ff>Proud Charter Member of the Tag
Hi- just need some ideas if anyone has them--
DH andI have been members of a supper club with three other couples for a year and a half. Each couple takes turns having the supper at their house, once a month. The hosts generally plan a theme, and delegate dishes to bring (usually one or two). This has been a lot of fun. However, it has also become QUITE expensive (I had the month of December the first year and spent $500. I know, I went overboard, but it was a very successful dinner, so what the heck.)
Anyway, to my question...I have run out of themes and March is my month!!!!!!
These are the themes that have already been done:
-Christmas, obviously
-Texas BBQ
-hawaiian luau
-Carolina party (mine, I'm from SC and did a blow out lowcountry dinner. Again, spent $400.)
-Italian
-Mexican
-January "baby, it's cold outside" theme --soup salad and bread
-wear your favorite football colors, support your favorite team tail gate party(mine, last September)
-Valentine fondue for friends and lovers party
-steaks...no theme, I can't remember...

Anyway, does anyone have any killer ideas????? I thought about a leprechaun party, but don't know what to serve?!?
I am TOTALLY open to any and all suggestions. TIA!!!!!!!!!!!

We have a dinner club with 5 other couples. Here is how we do it.
Couple a : appetizer one
Couple b : appetizer two
Couple c: salad
Couple d: side dish
Couple e: Main dish
Couple f: desert

This way it is not so big an expense and couple a moves down to desert for the next meal. Some themes that we have done recently: Tapas, comfort food, use a kitchen gadget that you own but have never used, peppers, chocolate (yum :thumbsup2 ), mood lighting, finger foods. You get the idea. Sometimes we dont have a theme and sometimes people dont follow it. Its really just a guideline. Some ideas were passed around for our next month was st. Patrick’s day or Irish food, green foods. For our next hosting I think we are going to do pirate food aka Caribbean food. Usually the cost isn’t a lot for these meals the drinks are up to the host and they can be as cheep or as expensive as they want. I think that we spent around 150 for our last hosting month and that was with buying good steak for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter