Anyone know why dessert parties are only available to book through 1/21?

figmentfinesse

DIS Veteran
It was my dining day today and when I tried to book a dessert party I saw that they’re only available to book through Friday, Jan 21. Do you guys think it’s ending or they just haven’t loaded more in yet?

There are a lot of things that they aren't loading in time for the 60 day window. It's extremely frustrating, and there is no way to know when you can actually book them. If you call, they will just tell you it's completely booked even though that's not true. For a regular dining ADR, you can use a reservation finder service, but I don't know if any of them work for dessert parties.

Just keep checking. At some point, someone at Disney will remember to flip the right switch and make them available.

Because they don't release them on a rolling window like dining reservations.
Instead they release them in groups of dates.

Yep I can remember waiting anxiously for July 4 Frozen party to load in the past. They have never loaded like the regular dining in my experience.

It was my dining day today and when I tried to book a dessert party I saw that they’re only available to book through Friday, Jan 21. Do you guys think it’s ending or they just haven’t loaded more in yet?
I only see the after party open until the 15th.

So the dates are now open through January 29, 2022, but I don’t see any availability! I’m very disappointed because I checked earlier today around lunchtime and the dates weren’t open, and now it’s only a few hours later and apparently everything’s already booked!

Ok, so now I think there is some sort of glitch in the reservations, because several days in early January still have availability, but there are none the fourth week of January. So maybe the dates are open, but the tables/slots have not been loaded yet.

Anyone else stressing way too much about something that is supposed to be fun lol?!

So the dates are now open through January 29, 2022, but I don’t see any availability! I’m very disappointed because I checked earlier today around lunchtime and the dates weren’t open, and now it’s only a few hours later and apparently everything’s already booked!

I have been stalking these as well, but was on the road this morning without time to check. Obviously if you checked at lunch, I can stop beating my head against the wall for not finding a way to check at 6:00. I can’t believe they are really all sold out though - I’m going to keep checking to see if it’s a glitch. I know, I know. The Disney site never has glitches. ;-)

I don’t think they are booked- I don’t think they were released yet. I noticed right when the dates came up and nothing has ever been available. I’m guessing sometime today or tomorrow the times will pop up. Keep trying!

I have also been stalking this - I think they'll release them 2/1 or soon thereafter (although a post on AllEars made me think they may not continue it - just some vague wording from a CM). I even got up at 5:30 this AM to check (ADRs are tomorrow as I wanted to do the cruise on our arrival day).

For others searching for the cruise, newer (than mid-Jan) dates are still not posted; AND, since I couldn't get this, I wanted to try one of the pre/post-parties or treats/seats. I noticed on the "nighttime fireworks and dessert parties" page that's advertising these types of things (under "things to do", it's on the right side with a logo of the castle/fireworks) that the Fairytale Fireworks Cruise wasn't there at all. It's not listed as temporarily unavailable, there's nowhere to click to learn more, it just isn't there. I did go to the "Enchanting Extras" page where it's been and you can find it there or you can get to its page by searching for it - that's when you can get to the calendar with some dates in Dec through mid-Jan. 🤷‍♂️

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/fireworks/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter