Anyone know where we can get the 'Adventures Away' song?

ears4all!

DIS Veteran
I love this song! It takes me back! Do you know where we can get it to burn to a CD or a Cell?

I wish I could get a hold of this song as well. I know everytime I get home from a DCL trip I write a letter thanking all the crew members that made my vacation so magical. I always suggest them doing a Disney Cruise Line official album like WDW has. It could have the sailaway party music, some music from the shows, maybe some steel drum disney music, the ship horn..etc. The last time I sent my letter I got a call from DCL and they said that an official album was one of the suggestions they get alot but so far no music. I have about worn out my Twice Charmed CD, since that and my castaway club survival cd is about the only musical links I have to the magical cruises I have taken.

I needed the song to make a cruise video for my parents and I used Mac wire tap to get it off of you tube. Its not perfect, you can hear the people cheering, but the song came across clearly. If anyone wants just pm me your e-mail and ill send the sound file.

I know this is a bit off Topic but here a link to the thread that lists a bunch of songs that remind people of their DCL cruise or just tropical vacations....some songs have been played at the sailaway party other are just tropical favorites. I made a great CD of all of these songs for our precruise party and everyone loved it!!! I find I play it a lot now that the weather here in NY is getting cold and dreary....it brightens my mood!!!

And I am going to add some songs as well. Just got the new Kenney Chesney CD Lucky Old Sun and it has some great tropical songs.....Keys in the Conch Shell is my new favorite!!!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1932354

I also want to send a letter to DCL telling them about our great cruise but I also want to sugget they get a better variety of tropical songs to play at CC. We must have heard the same 5 or 6 songs all day!!! Maybe I will forward the list so they can get some new tropical tunes to their playlist!!! LOL!!!

Thanks for posting the link to the previous thread. I was thinking about it a few days ago. Need some new tunes in the car - DCL ones are perfect.

Top of the list "Hey Baby". Oh, to be on deck and listening to that today would be perfect.

Here is the list again, in case anyone missed the link in the other post.....

Anything off Chris Isaak's "Baja Sessions" CD...
Anything by Kelly McGuire
Back to the Island - Jimmy Buffet
Banana Boat Song - Harry Belafonte or any other version
Banana Wind - Jimmy Buffet
Beautiful Day in Paradise - Mark Morris (local BVI singer)
Beauty and the Beat CD....steel drum music of many classic Disney songs
Better Together - Jack Johnson
Beyond the Sea - Bobby Darin Version or Robbie Williams version from Finding Nemo
Blue Bayou - Linda Ronstadt
Boat Drinks - Jimmy Buffet
Boats to Build - Jimmy Buffet
Bouncing off the Ceiling - A Teens (played at the deck parties onboard)
Brown-Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
Calypso - John Denver
Cha Cha Slide by D.J. Casper (played onboard at deck parties)
Cheeseburger in Paradise - Jimmy Buffet
Come Sail Away - Styx
Cool Change - Little River Band
Cruisin - duet with Huey Lewis and Gweneth Paltrow
Cruisin’ – Smokey Robinson
Disneyland – Five for Fighting
Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding
Dollar Song - Soca
Don't Worry Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin
Drift Away - Dobie Gray
Drift Away - Henry Capano
Drunken Sailor - Great Big Sea
Druthers - John Denver
Escape - The Pina Colada - Rupert Holmes.
Fernando -- Abba
Friends - Henry Capano
Good to Go, Mexico - Toby Keith
Have another beer in Mexico - Kenny Chesney
Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride, from Lilo and Stitch sound track
Holiday - Madonna
Hot, Hot, Hot - Buster Poindexter
Hot Fun in the Summertime - Sly & the Family Stone
I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash
If I Had a Boat - Lyle Lovett
In the Summertime - Jerry Mungo
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere - Alan Jackson
Jamaica Farewell - Henry Capano
Jammin - Bob Marley
Jolly Mon - Jimmy Buffet
Kiss the Girl - Little Mermaid
Kokomo - Beach Boys
Let's Get Loud - J-lo
Let's Get This Party Started - Pink (played at the deck parties)
Lime in a Coconut -- Harry Nilsson
Lovely Cruise - Jimmy Buffet (must be last song on the list)
Macarena - D.S.B.
Mambo #5 - The Disney version
Margarita - Henry Capano
Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffett
Mexico - James Taylor
Montego Bay - Amazulu
My Bonnie - The Beatles & Tony Sheridan
No shoes, no shirt, no problem - Kenny Chesney
One Love - Bob Marley
One Particular Harbour - Jimmy Buffet
Orinoco Flow - Enya
Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
Island Girl - the Beach Boys
Lets Talk Dirty in Hawaiian - the Wild Jimbos
Part of Your World - Little Mermaid
Raggae Night - Jimmy Cliff
Red Sails in the Sunset -Nat "King" Cole
Remember the Magic - Brian McKnight
Remember When - Leanne Rimes
Rock the Boat - Hues Corporation
Sail Away - The Temptations
Sail On - The Commodores
Sail across the Water - Jane Siberry
Sailing - Christopher Cross
Sailing - Rod Stewart
Sailing - Henry Capano
Sea Cruise - Frankie Ford
Shiver Me Timbers - Tom Waits
Sloop John B - The Beach Boys
Soak Up The Sun - Sheryl Crow
Somewhere Beyond the Sea --
Son of a Son of a Sailor- Jimmy Buffett
Southern Cross - Crosby, Stills & Nash
Starry Eyed Surprise – Paul Oakenfold
Strange Boat - The Waterboys
Summer Wind - Frank Sinatra
Talk Like a Pirate Day – Tom Smith
Ten Years in Mexico - Bacon Brothers
Terra Nova - James Taylor
The Tide is High - Blondie
The Downeaster "Alexa" - Billy Joel
There is also a song at the end of Finding Nemo, not sure of the title, something about Sailing.
Tin Cup Chalice - Jimmy Buffet
Two Pina Coladas - Garth Brooks
Under the Sea - Little Mermaid
Vacation - The Go Gos
Walkin on Sunshine - Katrina & the Waves
We Like to Party - Vengaboys (you know....the Six Flags theme song a few years ago)
When the Sun Goes Down - Kenny Chesney and Uncle Kracker
Key's in the Conch Shell by Kenny Chesney
Everybody wants to go to Heaven - Kenny Chesney
Boats by Kenny Chesney

Alot of the "Disney" music is lovingly stolen from old parades/shows from different Disney parks. For instance, the song at the Sailaway party just before the countdown is the Mickey Mania parade stop music from Tokyo Disneyland. I heard the Disneyland Paris Wonderful World of Disney Parade music during the kids graduation (this music was also used at Epcot for the character bus...). Most of this music is available on CDs from the other parks. There are 3 or 4 parade CDs from Paris that have that song, and I know the Mickey Mania stop music is on a 4 CD set from TDL's 15th Anniversary.

There are other ways to get some of the music too...ones that take a bit more...um, well, work. I have the complete Disney Dreams show background...the track that plays in the theater and the actors sing on top of it...so, I can perform my own Disney Dreams show while driving. While I try to time out my dialogue to time out right with Tinker Bell's chimes the people across from me at the stop light must think I am crazy.

Alot of the "Disney" music is lovingly stolen from old parades/shows from different Disney parks. For instance, the song at the Sailaway party just before the countdown is the Mickey Mania parade stop music from Tokyo Disneyland. I heard the Disneyland Paris Wonderful World of Disney Parade music during the kids graduation (this music was also used at Epcot for the character bus...). Most of this music is available on CDs from the other parks. There are 3 or 4 parade CDs from Paris that have that song, and I know the Mickey Mania stop music is on a 4 CD set from TDL's 15th Anniversary.

There are other ways to get some of the music too...ones that take a bit more...um, well, work. I have the complete Disney Dreams show background...the track that plays in the theater and the actors sing on top of it...so, I can perform my own Disney Dreams show while driving. While I try to time out my dialogue to time out right with Tinker Bell's chimes the people across from me at the stop light must think I am crazy.

They definitely take music from the parks.....the Remember the Magic song in the final night show is from the parks (I think Walt Disney World)....they just slowed the tempo down. I also love the version by Peabo Bryson.

Just an FYI. DCL sells a CD of the music from Twice Charmed in the gift shops now. I know its not the Adventures Away song, but it is something!! I was going to buy it, but I would have preferred an overall CD of various music instead of just from the one show. They have various songs on in the elevators, partys, pools, etc, so i am sure it wouldn't be hard for them to make and market to the DCL crowd!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!