Anyone Know if Disney (or someone else) Offers Private Photographers ?

jcvalenti

Epcot OG
I'm planning a Christmas Time trip for late November / Early December. My wife LOVES Christmas, and I thought it might be fun to get a private photographer to meet us in Magic Kingdom one day for an hour, and get some family pics of us doing our favorite things there ... something a bit more creative than the typical Photopass "backdrop" poses.

Does anyone know of any local area photographers near Disney who will do this, or perhaps whether Disney themselves offers something like this for a fee ?

I haven't used them, but check out Disney Fine Art Photography. I believe they have a mini session in the parks that could be an option.

Be warned: it's very expensive.

Lol. What isn't at Disney.

I will check into them - thanks.

Since I'm the family photographer, all of my family has great portraits except me ... figures I'd get hosed for wanting to be in a picture before the kids move out.

We've done this twice, once at AKL and once at The Beach Club and I actually thought it was reasonable. From what I recall, it was around $300 for an hour with a photographer and a lighting person. You get all your photos on a cd. DVC and AP discounts at the time we did them. I got around 100 photos a session and was extremely happy with them.

My fiancé and I just used Disney Fine Art Photography for Epcot pictures and we were pleased. The session was an hour and $395. We got to go to 3 countries for pictures and received around 100 photos in an online gallery about a week later. Still waiting on the disc with the photos.

We also did a session with a local photographer (a husband and wife) in the Magic Kingdom. DFAP will not follow you around the Magic Kingdom. When I was researching photography a couple of months ago, the only MK session I saw with DFAP was a 20 minute portrait session in front of the castle. The photographers we hired took our pictures in different places of the park and had great ideas. Of course, you will have other people in your photos, but they were great at getting shots in between the crowds. If you PM me I'll give you their name, not sure if I can post it here.

We are in MA, and quite honestly, these prices are not that bad. Our daughter graduated high school last year, and we paid a local professional photographer $300 for the photo shoot, downloads of the photos (not nearly 100, maybe 20), and she delivered the headshot to the high school for her yearbook. After I bought just a few prints for us and grandparents, this was easily several hundred dollars. Her pictures were good. Not spectacular, but good...and honestly, lots of kids used the same photographer. All their photos looked the same.

Our son, who will be starting his Jr. year in September, has already told us he'd like to do his Senior pictures in Disney World. We are completely happy with that!!!

In the magic kingdom it is more like 1500. We did DD graduation photos in Epcot. The price there was very reasonable

We are in MA, and quite honestly, these prices are not that bad. Our daughter graduated high school last year, and we paid a local professional photographer $300 for the photo shoot, downloads of the photos (not nearly 100, maybe 20), and she delivered the headshot to the high school for her yearbook. After I bought just a few prints for us and grandparents, this was easily several hundred dollars. Her pictures were good. Not spectacular, but good...and honestly, lots of kids used the same photographer. All their photos looked the same.

Our son, who will be starting his Jr. year in September, has already told us he'd like to do his Senior pictures in Disney World. We are completely happy with that!!!
The photographer we use back home charges $150 for the actual shoot (zero prints or digital copies included), and $1,000 if you want a CD with all your photos. Each individual print (we're talking 5x7) costs around $30 (much more for larger prints). This is in line with a lot of other private photographers I've come across (my cousin paid ~$1,500 for a photo book of *some* pics taken during her wedding - this was in a smaller Midwest city). Disney's photographers are a bargain in comparison.

Using Disney Fine Art Photography is really reasonable. We've used them 3 times and were very pleased all 3 times. It's more of a photo shoot not something that they follow you around while you do your favorite things. The MK location is more expensive and very selective on where they take the pictures. You could hire an outside local photographer to follow you around I'm sure.

The photographer we use back home charges $150 for the actual shoot (zero prints or digital copies included), and $1,000 if you want a CD with all your photos. Each individual print (we're talking 5x7) costs around $30 (much more for larger prints). This is in line with a lot of other private photographers I've come across (my cousin paid ~$1,500 for a photo book of *some* pics taken during her wedding - this was in a smaller Midwest city). Disney's photographers are a bargain in comparison.

I agree we're in MI and I paid a TON of money to a local photographer for senior photo prints that didn't even include the digital copies (she's old school and doesn't do that). 8 x 10's where $225 (no that's not a typo). Believe me I regret using her. The Disney Photoshoot was WAY cheaper and included all the digital files. You're never going to love all of the photos they take but we had plenty that we did love. Definitely a bargain!

Not exactly.

Well I didn't mean it was "allowed" I've seen plenty of photographers post senior photos at MK - I'm sure they weren't necessarily allowed. I wouldn't do it don't get me wrong but I'm sure you could find someone that would.

Thanks for all the feedback, all. I was thinking of trying to arrange for photos on the Boardwalk, where we were staying. It's our favorite area of Disney, and my son wants a Boardwalk themed graduation party next summer after he graduates. I will call DFAP and see what I can arrange. I wouldn't want more than an hour, and just want some shots of the kids and maybe some of the wife and I at our favorite spot - The Belle Vue Lounge. Hopefully there's some good Christmas stuff around the Boardwalk - it would be nice to get a Christmas Card picture out of the mix.

Highly recommend NOT using Disney Photography. We used Randy Chapman for private photos and he was awesome! He's also doing our Disney wedding. Super reasonable and will work with you.

Thanks for all the feedback, all. I was thinking of trying to arrange for photos on the Boardwalk, where we were staying. It's our favorite area of Disney, and my son wants a Boardwalk themed graduation party next summer after he graduates. I will call DFAP and see what I can arrange. I wouldn't want more than an hour, and just want some shots of the kids and maybe some of the wife and I at our favorite spot - The Belle Vue Lounge. Hopefully there's some good Christmas stuff around the Boardwalk - it would be nice to get a Christmas Card picture out of the mix.

I suggest you make a list of shots you want as far as groups go. I wish we did a few more of just my girls together. I am terrible at posting photos or I would post a few. It was also nice to have an early morning shoot, so no people in the background.

It was also nice to have an early morning shoot, so no people in the background.

Good idea ... Morning light is great for portraits. Sun rarely in the eyes, and usually a rosey glow. Plus, in Florida, a lot less likely to be raining.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter