Anyone JUST back?

WDWCPAlumni

DIS Veteran
I am curious about the weather and water temps. We are going to the Bahamas in just over a month, and it has been a very cold winter...

I am curious about the weather and water temps. We are going to the Bahamas in just over a month, and it has been a very cold winter...
The water at Castaway Cay is always chilly in winter, even when the air is warm. It's easy to adjust to, though.

Hope the air temps will be good for your trip.

The water at CC was quite chilly in December. It was okay, but I needed either the water or the air to be a few degrees warmer to enjoy being in the water.

Renting kayaks made for a nice way to be ON the water without being IN the water.

We sailed over New Years. Nassau was about 75 and sunny, as was Castaway Cay although the water was chilly. We did the Sandbar excursion on CC and there, the water is super shallow, which allowed the sun to heat up the water well - the water on that sandbar was really nice!

I was on the Dream last weekend and Castaway Cay on Sun, Jan 14, was not ideal. It wasn't that cold, but it was overcast all day and the wind was howling, making it feel a bit chilly. Almost all of the excursions were cancelled and Serenity Bay was closed because of the high winds. On the family beach, it was mostly kids in the water, and probably no more than 20-30 at a time most of the day. I did get in to do some snorkeling after lunch, and while the water was cold, it wasn't unbearable. The worst part was after I got out, but I headed straight back to the ship after.

I've heard stories where it can be beautiful this time of the year, so maybe you'll get lucky!

We were on Castaway Cay on New Years Day and I thought the weather was fantastic. Mid 70s and sunny. The water was cool at first but it great after a short time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!