Anyone have a Toyota Sienna w/ DVD player? Need help!

lemondog

<font color=darkorchid>My twins fight over who too
Hey guys, we just bought a 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited with the built-in DVD system. So far the only way we can get sound on it is thru the wireless headsets. Does anyone know how to make the sound come thru the radio speakers??? Neither DH or I can make it work and we have tried all weekend!

Thanks!

We have an 06 Siena, and we have to push the AUX button until the display shows RSE DVD (I think). Then we can hear the DVD.

I have the same van-and the above poster is correctomundo!

We do this all the time!

We have an 05 and one of the AUX buttons is right on the steering wheel. Well....when you are watching a moving through the speakers you have to turn it up all the way to really be able to hear well. Many times on long trips DH has accidentally hit that button, and it goes to radio, at which point the volume is still turned all the way up and it is EXTREMELY LOUD!!! :lmao:

Congrats on your new Sienna, you'll love it!!!! :) And I'm not sure about the 04's, but the 05's have AC plugs (two prong plugs, not the yellow and white things) which come in very handy for charging things when you don't have an adapter. The salesman told us his wife likes to use hers for the hair dryer when they are going somewhere in a hurry. :rotfl2:

Hey guys, we just bought a 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited with the built-in DVD system. So far the only way we can get sound on it is thru the wireless headsets. Does anyone know how to make the sound come thru the radio speakers???
I have a 2004 XLE which came with the factory DVd player. Mine works by putting the FM radio on a certain frequency (88.3 I think, but the manual has it in there...think there are two or three option.s). My factory player does not have the AUX option so if you don't have that I know this route works. Used it often while caravaning to WDW.:moped:

Sounds like you have an earlier one. You have to set it to a certain fm channel like someone else just mentioned, check the owners manuels for which channels work. If that doesn't work, I think there is a button you push on the dvd player itself, kind of like a reset button. It's on the side and you have to remove a little panel. I had a 2004 Sienna, but it's been a few years, so I'm totally going by memory. I actually traded it in for a 2006 Sienna. Long story on why I did that! ;)

Thanks, I figured it out! You have to flip a switch that's on the panel to the right of the a/c controls, and then set the radio to 89.1. My kids are thrilled! We only had 2 wireless headsets, but we have 3 kids, so you can imagine the battles that ensued.

I have a '04 Sienna Limited and don't have to put it on a radio station. Just hit AUX.

I can't find an AUX button anywhere. I guess it's a different system (although the same car).
According to Toyota, the 2004 XLE had three different factory systems. One has an actual display selection on the dashboard stereo which allows you to select DVD. The second uses what I mentioned above: the DVD remote turns on the local FM transmitter used by the DVD player. BE SURE to turn it off though...if you leave the FM transmitter on your radio stations will appear to be garbled and not work. The last style was to use AUX as the DVD output mode.

You can use AUX from your remote when you cycle through the input channels. I use that sometimes when I need to hook up my laptop to play homemade DVDs which don't play in the factory player.

Glad you got it figured out since your other option was to go to the dealership and buy a third headset. :rotfl2:

if you get tired of listening to the kids' movies, you can order a 3rd headset through a Toyota dealership. We got a third one.

Hey guys, we just bought a 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited with the built-in DVD system. So far the only way we can get sound on it is thru the wireless headsets. Does anyone know how to make the sound come thru the radio speakers??? Neither DH or I can make it work and we have tried all weekend!

Thanks!
For anyone looking to solve a sound issue, I figured out that you can plug wired headphones into the side of the DVD player and the wireless headphones still work. I had a problem with having 4 kids being able to watch. And I still do not have to listen to it. Hope this helps

I have a 2004 toyota sienna and no remote and my I cannot turn on the dvd system any suggestions how to do that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter