Anyone have a no fail recipe for homemade caramels?

RonnieJo66

<font color=orange>Married her Prince!<br><font co
:wave2:

Just tried my hand at making homemade caramels............I failed miserably! :sad:

Does anyone have a "no fail" recipe for homemade caramels? My neighbor makes some that is to die for, but it's a handed-down family recipe and I don't feel right asking for it.

Any help would be appreciated :goodvibes

I have one somewhere -
and I have to find it cuz I know DH is going to start asking for them soon!
I will post it when I find it...

I love caramels! I would ask her for it anyways and post it on here for me too! Hee Hee! I have never tried to make my own. Disneyland has the best packaged caramels! (but you don't get a whole lot for $10)

No...I take the easy way out and by the Kraft Caramels, dip in chocolate...done.

but here it is....

(I only put the nuts in half though ;)

Black Walnut Caramels
3 c. brown sugar, packed
2 c. light corn syrup
1 c. butter
3/4 c. sweetened condensed milk
1/2 t. vanilla
1 1/3 c. black walnuts

Combine sugar, corn syrup, butter, and condensed milk
in a heavy pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring
constantly, until sugar is dissolved and mixture
boils. Continue cooking to 248 degrees, stirring now
and then to prevent scorching. Remove from heat and
stir in vanilla and walnuts. Pour into two buttered
8-inch square pans. When firm, cut and wrap in waxed
paper squares. Best stored in refrigerator. Makes
about 98 pieces.

OK, I am going to have to stop reading these candy and cookie posts, lol! It all just sounds tooooooo delicious.

Thank you for the caramel recipe :) And, I'd never thought of dipping the Kraft caramels in chocolate. Yummmmm!

Jeanne

Patty:

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to post your recipe! I appreciate it! Hopefully I can do better this time.

Thanks again :goodvibes

:thewave:

Patty........you rock!!!

Just cooked my first batch of caramels using your recipe. They are fantastic!!!!

Thanks again!!!

Patty,

Are these are hard or soft carmel once they are finished?? Thank you in advance.

Becky

ReAnSt said:
Patty,

Are these are hard or soft carmel once they are finished?? Thank you in advance.

Becky

:wave2: Becky

Mine turned out to be soft and ever so yummy!! I even impressed myself when I was done! :rotfl2: Patty's recipe was very easy to do and her directions are very clear. Thanks again Patty :love2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter