Anyone have a Disney Christmas tree?

We have a mostly Disney tree. About 75% of the ornaments are Disney, the star on top has Mickey and Minnie sitting on it and we have a personalized Disney treeskirt.

We also have personalized Disney stockings, a hidden mickey advent calendar and various other Disney decorations.

I just put the Disney tree up in my master bedroom Saturday. I, too, have the Tinkerbell topper. Christmas tree ornaments are my favorite souvenirs!

Oh, I wanted to share an idea for decorating your Disney trees. When my son was younger, he had a can of those green army men from Toy Story. I now use them on the tree. I have them hanging down from the lower branches of the tree!

IMG_5523.jpg

IMG_5527.jpg

IMG_5528.jpg

IMG_5525.jpg

IMG_5531.jpg

IMG_5530.jpg

TC :cool1:

I put up our Christmas tree and did the lights last night and the kids and I decorated it today. I've collected many Disney themed ornaments from WDW, Disneystore, Hallmark, and other retailers over the years. Although I have loads of other ornaments that have been handed down or bought over the years I decided to do a mostly exclusive Disney tree this year. We just went to WDW in August and are still talking about our trip so it's a nice way to keep the memories going. I also purchased the Disney's Magical Fireplace DVD, we had that on in the background while we did the tree. Someday I hope I we can go to WDW for Christmas, even if it's only for a few days.

Absolutely, every year. We put a tree in our living room with Hallmark Disney ornaments and Disney ornaments we have collected from Disney World over the years. It is "full" of ornaments. We also have another non-Disney tree in our family room.

I have a tree with ornaments I've collected from all my Disney trips, as well as some other ornaments. I have the mouse king ornaments from The Nutcracker. Seems kinda fitting on a Disney tree. lol

Here it is:

photo-100_zps673273f4.jpg

photo-99_zps751721a6.jpg

Don't know why the pics show sideways, but that's it. The second is a close up of some of the ornaments from Disney.

...(& we have a small table-top tree with "I Love Lucy" ornaments.)

Love it!:thumbsup2

I would love to see a picture of your "Lucy" tree! I am a huge fan of I Love Lucy. I have several Lucy ornaments on our tree, but now you've got me thinking of doing a small tree with just Lucy ornaments next year.:)

Randi said:
Actually I am very big on themed trees. I have 3 different themes, all stored in their own bins so my sons & I could decide which one to use each year.

The Disney one had a plush Mickey tree topper and all ornaments were either bought at WDW or were Hallmark. Even the skirt had characters on it.

I don't put up a tree anymore and I sure do miss those family Christmasses. Heck I miss my family, all I have left is memories.

This stuck with me. I hope you have a happy Christmas.

I put up our Christmas tree and did the lights last night and the kids and I decorated it today. I've collected many Disney themed ornaments from WDW, Disneystore, Hallmark, and other retailers over the years. Although I have loads of other ornaments that have been handed down or bought over the years I decided to do a mostly exclusive Disney tree this year. We just went to WDW in August and are still talking about our trip so it's a nice way to keep the memories going. I also purchased the Disney's Magical Fireplace DVD, we had that on in the background while we did the tree. Someday I hope I we can go to WDW for Christmas, even if it's only for a few days.

....I'd sure love it if you posted a pic or two...;)

Our tree is being Disney-fied slowly over time. We add 3 ornaments each year. 1 foe ds6, 1 for ds3, 1 for dw & myself. The last few years have been all Disney. The boys pick their own ornament, but we have been able to steer them towards Disney.

Ds5 has picked Lightening McQueen, Prep & Landing, Spiderman(sad it wasn't disney, but now I can count him as Disney lol), and this was Jake.

Ds3 has picked Mickey&Minnie in santa outfits and this year was a collection of 5 small Jake & the Neverland Pendants that we glue to a standard ornament.

DW & I have picked a 2010 Mickey Ears Ornament, a 2011 Disney Photo Frame Ornament, & this year picked a Mickey Ears Ornament that has the major symbol of each park carved into it.

We are finally hitting the stage were we have so many ornaments we stop putting up ornaments with no significant meaning. Also, the tree will never be 100% Disney. There are just some ornaments that are meaningful to us that we won't give up. However, can very easily see an 85% Disney tree in the future. The fun part is the collecting over time though. :)

Also, our Christmas Village is Disney-fied as well. About half our buildings are Department 56 Disney buildings with the figures to go with them.

Until we live in a larger house where we can have more than one tree, our xmas tree will never be all Disney. :)

I have too many cherished ornaments that have to go on the tree, though I do try and get a Disney ornament every time we go. :)

Finally convinced my DH and kids that we have too many ornaments and that we need two trees. So this year we have a disney tree in the dining room (about 6 ft tall) and it has all our disney ornaments we've accrued on our travels. In the living room, we have our 10 ft tree with all our personal ornaments. I love having two trees! We do not have a disney topper but i'm hoping to rectify that on our January trip.

Our main tree is about 50% Disney stuff. Then we have a 5 ft black tree that is all Star Wars and Star Trek, so I guess that one is now 50% Disney too!

I have a small pink tree that last year I made my Disney/Mickey tree. I havent put it up yet, but it is so cute. Soon as I do, I will post pictures:thumbsup2

I have an exclusively Disney themed tree. All of the ornaments are from either Disney parks, the Disney Store or Hallmark. The tree topper is a fiber optic Tinker Bell. I'll post pictures later today.

My partner's tree is exclusively Star Wars. He has been collecting the Hallmark Star Wars ornaments since childhood. Of course, my tree is a lot better than his....;)

We have enough ornaments for tree separate trees; a Disney tree, a white tree (well the tree is green but all the ornaments, etc are white), and a multi-color tree. We rotate them from year to year.

We put up three trees - two of them are Disney - the main tree has a topper and skirt we purchased in WDW along with ornaments that we have either purchased at WDW or through Hallmark (gifts from my mom and son). I also have a lighted palm tree that has miniature Disney ornaments. The last tree is a slim hall tree that has all of the hand made ornaments from my childhood and my sons. We'll make an afternoon out of putting up the trees and can't wait for the weekend to do so :santa:

Actually I am very big on themed trees. I have 3 different themes, all stored in their own bins so my sons & I could decide which one to use each year.

The Disney one had a plush Mickey tree topper and all ornaments were either bought at WDW or were Hallmark. Even the skirt had characters on it.

I don't put up a tree anymore and I sure do miss those family Christmasses. Heck I miss my family, all I have left is memories.

:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter