Anyone had a problem with your Disney car magnets getting stolen?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
So I found a cute DVC Member car magnet on Shop Disney and I am going to order it for my car. I have had different decals on the back of my car but never a magnet. I am wondering what the chances of it getting stolen could be since it is a magnet and not a decal and if I should order two?

If it got stolen I would automatically have another one on hand to replace it.

So I found a cute DVC Member car magnet on Shop Disney and I am going to order it for my car. I have had different decals on the back of my car but never a magnet. I am wondering what the chances of it getting stolen could be since it is a magnet and not a decal and if I should order two?

I never had a magnet stolen, but had my antenna topper taken. Make sure you remove your magnet when going through a car wash; that's where I lost one. I also remove my antenna topper.

Last edited:
We don't put magnets on our vehicle but it is reported often on here and FB groups of magnets being stolen mostly while at Disney.

Are you referring to the magnet of Mickey holding the binoculars with the "member since" addition?

Just a note: I saw it on property and it was a larger than I would like. Maybe because it's tall and not wide. I prefer to stick with the AP or original DVC magnets. I would recommend seeing it in person first.

I live in Northern CA, and have had my DVC Member magnet on my car for years with no problem. I assume most people think it's for Diablo Valley College, which is one of the top Community Colleges in our state. Who would want to steal a community college magnet? lol

Yep, had my AP magnet stolen off the car, and I'm pretty certain it happened while I was parked at WDW. My wife's now adorns our refridgerator.

We don't put magnets on our vehicle but it is reported often on here and FB groups of magnets being stolen mostly while at Disney.
I can see that. I would take it off once we got to Disney. Doubt that anyone in in my little town would want it as there are very few of us DVC owners here. Right now know of only one other owner. But not sure about when I go to Chattanooga whether it would stay put or not.

Here in Cape May NJ, my DH’s Passholder magnet has stayed on for a year at least.

Two shorter trips to WDW and my magnet is still on the car. Mine is the Chef Mickey one.

We park at Disney every trip and never had any stolen. I second the car wash, that is the only place I lost them. Also make sure you clean the spot you put it , any dirt will make it more likely to fall off.

Had them on my car for years. Only had one stolen - while at the beach club. It was a redesigned Disney cruise line sticker. Guess someone didn’t have a Disney cruise scheduled to get their own redesigned magnet, so they took mine.

I have 2 monorail magnets on my car and they have been there for a couple or years. I had Minnie before that and it stayed there for year.....until it go so faded, I replaced it.
I put my DVC and AP magnets in the garage on the fridge.
I have only had antenna topper stolen once and that was when they first came out.....plain Mickey black one. That was 18-20 years ago.
I change them seasonally and still have them all.

I never had a magnet stolen, but had my antenna topper taken. Make sure you remove your magnet when going through a car wash; that's where I lost one. I also remove my antenna topper.
Us too! We had a cute antenna topper on our antenna and some jerk people tore off the whole darn antenna! So depending on where you live or tend to park, it may put you in more danger of vandalism.

My Passholder wine & dine mickey stayed on my car for less than 24 hours. Should've known better. I can't put stickers on my car, so I'll just keep magnets in the back near the rear window.

My DVC magnet was stolen off my car in the BLT parking lot during our trip 2 years ago.

I stick mine onto the inside back window with clear tape. I don't want a magnet to ruin the finish on the car and this way, no one can swipe it.

This week someone stole my Minnie Mouse AP magnet from flower and garden. It had been on my car since I got it on my bachelorette trip last year :sad1: >:(

guess I need to plan a trip for festival of the arts so I can pick up a figment one to replace it

My DVC magnet and 2 annual pass magnets have been stolen from my car in Green Bay, WI. I really want to ask the person if it was really worth it. Now all magnets just go on our fridge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter