Anyone had a problem with your Disney car magnets getting stolen?

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by SL6827, Dec 21, 2018.

1. SL6827

SL6827 Them, loving the lake. Me- not so much!

So I found a cute DVC Member car magnet on Shop Disney and I am going to order it for my car. I have had different decals on the back of my car but never a magnet. I am wondering what the chances of it getting stolen could be since it is a magnet and not a decal and if I should order two?

If it got stolen I would automatically have another one on hand to replace it.

2. Tinkerbell58

Tinkerbell58 DIS Veteran

I never had a magnet stolen, but had my antenna topper taken. Make sure you remove your magnet when going through a car wash; that's where I lost one. I also remove my antenna topper.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Disney Vacation Club Resales www.dvcstore.com

4. JETSDAD

JETSDAD DIS Veteran

We don't put magnets on our vehicle but it is reported often on here and FB groups of magnets being stolen mostly while at Disney.

5. D-Trick

D-Trick Oakland Raiders FTW

Are you referring to the magnet of Mickey holding the binoculars with the "member since" addition?

Just a note: I saw it on property and it was a larger than I would like. Maybe because it's tall and not wide. I prefer to stick with the AP or original DVC magnets. I would recommend seeing it in person first.

I live in Northern CA, and have had my DVC Member magnet on my car for years with no problem. I assume most people think it's for Diablo Valley College, which is one of the top Community Colleges in our state. Who would want to steal a community college magnet? lol

taaren likes this.
  6. andycat

andycat 2009 - 3034 miles to WDW. 2010 - 162 miles to WDW

Yep, had my AP magnet stolen off the car, and I'm pretty certain it happened while I was parked at WDW. My wife's now adorns our refridgerator.

lawboy2001 likes this.
  7. SL6827

SL6827 Them, loving the lake. Me- not so much!

I can see that. I would take it off once we got to Disney. Doubt that anyone in in my little town would want it as there are very few of us DVC owners here. Right now know of only one other owner. But not sure about when I go to Chattanooga whether it would stay put or not.

8. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

Here in Cape May NJ, my DH’s Passholder magnet has stayed on for a year at least.

9. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Two shorter trips to WDW and my magnet is still on the car. Mine is the Chef Mickey one.

10. jlwhitney

jlwhitney DIS Veteran

We park at Disney every trip and never had any stolen. I second the car wash, that is the only place I lost them. Also make sure you clean the spot you put it , any dirt will make it more likely to fall off.

11. cvjw

cvjw DIS Veteran

Had them on my car for years. Only had one stolen - while at the beach club. It was a redesigned Disney cruise line sticker. Guess someone didn’t have a Disney cruise scheduled to get their own redesigned magnet, so they took mine.

12. Meriweather

Meriweather Being a Nana is my superpower

I have 2 monorail magnets on my car and they have been there for a couple or years. I had Minnie before that and it stayed there for year.....until it go so faded, I replaced it.
    I put my DVC and AP magnets in the garage on the fridge.
    I have only had antenna topper stolen once and that was when they first came out.....plain Mickey black one. That was 18-20 years ago.
    I change them seasonally and still have them all.

bobbiwoz likes this.
  13. DisneyRegulars

DisneyRegulars DIS Veteran

Us too! We had a cute antenna topper on our antenna and some jerk people tore off the whole darn antenna! So depending on where you live or tend to park, it may put you in more danger of vandalism.

14. kristenabelle

kristenabelle Mouseketeer

My Passholder wine & dine mickey stayed on my car for less than 24 hours. Should've known better. I can't put stickers on my car, so I'll just keep magnets in the back near the rear window.

15. OKWMom

OKWMom DIS Veteran

My DVC magnet was stolen off my car in the BLT parking lot during our trip 2 years ago.

16. Candlelady

Candlelady A dream is a wish your heart makes

I stick mine onto the inside back window with clear tape. I don't want a magnet to ruin the finish on the car and this way, no one can swipe it.

a1tinkfans likes this.
  17. babesboo99

babesboo99 Veteren Disney Vacationer

I put mine on the fridge to afraid of putting them on the car

Micca and a1tinkfans like this.
  18. a1tinkfans

a1tinkfans Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

On my file cabinet at home.

babesboo99 likes this.
  19. deerh

deerh DIS Veteran

My 2 magnets are on the frig.. Not wanting to lose it.

20. pepperandchips

pepperandchips [melinda]

This week someone stole my Minnie Mouse AP magnet from flower and garden. It had been on my car since I got it on my bachelorette trip last year :sad1: >:(

guess I need to plan a trip for festival of the arts so I can pick up a figment one to replace it

21. spacepoints

spacepoints Earning My Ears

My DVC magnet and 2 annual pass magnets have been stolen from my car in Green Bay, WI. I really want to ask the person if it was really worth it. Now all magnets just go on our fridge.