Anyone from the New York area on here?

Discussion in 'Gay and Lesbian at Disney' started by Destinyz12, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Destinyz12

Destinyz12 Mouseketeer

I'm new to the boards and I hope there are some people from the NY area to potentially get to know and even meet up with at some point. I haven't been to Disney World in 20 years-since I was a kid, so I'm trying to plan my first trip since then!

Puer Aeternus likes this.
  2. Luxurious_Lumiere

Luxurious_Lumiere Earning My Ears

New Yorker here! And just signed up for the boards after lurking.

I head to WDW for Gay Days each year =)

Puer Aeternus likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Destinyz12

Destinyz12 Mouseketeer

Awesome. Where in NY are you from? I am avoiding going during gay days since that coincides with when all the schools down south let out for the summer, lol. I'm planning to go at the end of April.

5. Luxurious_Lumiere

I live in the city. I always wish there was some Disney experience here haha (well...one that does not require me going into the heart of Times Square for the Disney store). Bf and I have done gay days the past few years. I too wish it was a different week: besides the schools letting out and the humidity, it often coincides with the Tony awards! But its become tradition for us and we always meet fun people while down there.

Destinyz12 likes this.
  6. Destinyz12

Destinyz12 Mouseketeer

Well there are also the Disney Broadway shows...of course that also involves being around Time Square, lol and I'm guessing you've seen plenty of them since you're into watching the Tonys! Aladdin is amazing and so was Beauty and the Beast when it was there.

7. Luxurious_Lumiere

I actually write about theater so I see most everything. So I'm in Times Square enough as it is, and the new Disney store gets waaay too crowded to go there often. Have a friend in Frozen coming up, so very excited for that.

Puer Aeternus and Destinyz12 like this.
  8. ojeight

ojeight Mouseketeer

New Yorker here.

9. Petroglyph

Petroglyph Earning My Ears

New Yorker here too! I'm a married lesbian in my 30s.

I had the opportunity to go see Frozen on Broadway a few weeks ago and it was great!