Anyone ever "Hop" from resort to resort to try out the food?

cleverclovers

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone ever tried hopping from one resort to another during meal time to try out the different foods. Any problems? Is it worth the effort?

I think it depends on the resorts... I have gone from Artist Point to Grand Floridian and then grabbed a Dole Whip at the Poly... I would think it would be okay for Magic Kingdom Resorts, or Epcot Resorts, or AKL individually but not all of them at once :thumbsup2

All the time. It works best in the areas with a high concentration of good restaurants in close proximity. We like to do "progressive dinners" at the lounges in the Swan and Dolphin, at Downtown Disney or on the Monorail loop. For instance, we'll have an appetizer at Bluezoo, then head to Kimonos for sushi, then Il Mulino for a cordial and cheese or a dessert.

We do the same thing as you, Sweet Melissa. We love to have traveling dinners. It gives us a chance to experience more of the stuff we love.

remember too some of the deluxe resort lounges serve a few bites that come from the restaurants in the resort. it could save you some time. i think it would be a great way for a few adults to spend a day or evening or even a rainy day you didn't want to be in the parks. i agree that the easiest places would be the monorail loop or the boardwalk area.

With the exception of Epcot and DTD, almost all of our meals (TS & CS) are from the resorts. We don't care much for the food at the parks so we tend to hop around at the different resorts. I will say it's easy for us to do so because we rent a car and we think it's definitely worth it.

I do this. Sometimes I'll hop a bus to a resort for lunch, then back to a park.

We do this. I's say the locations near the parks (restaurants at the Contemporary, Floridian, Boardwalk, etc.) are worth it because it's so easy to get in and out.

I've always regretted it though when I take a cab to a distant resort (Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge). The extra $30 in cab fares would have been better spent on two decent glasses of wine.

Try the bars and lounges if you want to do a "progressive" dinner. Most serve food and no ADRs needed.

I love to hop from a park to a resort and back. Like catching the monorail to the Poly to lunch at Kona Cafe. From Epcot you can take a boat or walk to the Epcot resorts, and they have great restaurants. It's harder to hop from resort to resort, since the buses often don't go straight from one to another. you really need a car.

If you're going to "hop" resorts using Disney transportation then stick to resorts in the same area, like the monorail resorts (you can throw in Wilderness Lodge if you take the boat there from Contemporary or the bus from MK), or the Epcot resorts.

We have gone to a different resort every day to eat there but we have never resort hopped from one resort to another in the same day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter