Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by RubySlippers, Feb 1, 2009.
I am waiting so we can book our annual May trip
Yes, we are! We did book the 4/3 deal but would rather be able to book an equivalent AP rate -- don't need the 1 day base tickets. I know, I know ... I can use them to upgrade later. But I also do not need an extra collection of one day base tickets. So..............still waiting for the AP rate and hoping.
Anyone have any educated guesses on when or if they might come out????
Log in or Sign up
to hide this advert.
According to mousesavers, last year the AP rates for most of May came out on 2/20. (For the end of May they didn't come out until 5/7!!!) I'm waiting for general room-only rates, so I have another month to go after that! There's always hope that it will be sooner.
I already booked my room and will just apply the AP code when it comes out.
Since I'm doing solo in May and wanted POFQ I didn't want to take a chance on waiting and not getting the resort I wanted.
I want to stay there so bad that I'll just keep my AAA rate rather than change resorts if I can't get the AP rate for POFQ.
How's that for crazy?
Also waiting for AP May rates. Went last year at the same time and couldnt remember when they came out but do remember it being around middle of Feb.
Right now its killing me to pay $500 for 4 nights at POP. Need and AP rate.
I would like to know and waiting to this one also.
I was until I saw the last round of AP discounts excluded all weekends. Since I wanted to arrive on the weekend, I've since decided to arrive on Sunday for our DVC resort. However, if weekends get discounted I might reconsider since I've not purchased my airfare yet.
I noticed this too, but have already booked my airfare, so my dates are set. I went ahead and booked the buy four, get three nights free deal. I've got a feeling it might be a better deal than an AP discount, (even with having to buy the one day MYW ticket). It comes out, I believe, to like 49% off. I don't think an AP discount can beat it. Anyway, it's paid for and if an AP discount does beat it, then I'll just have them refund my money to my credit card and rebook. It will still be paid for.
I have the 4/3 booked as well waiting for the AP rates for June but I am concerned that the cancellation deadline is before the AP rates will come out.
That's not crazy. That's where you want to stay. More than likely, especially if you're going earlier in the month, there should be an AP rate available there. WL seems to be the tough one sometimes when it comes to AP rates, they sell out of them real fast. So just keep checking back on the Disney website each day to see if the AP rates have been released yet. I'm waiting on late April/early May myself for the AP/FL resident rates to be released but have a few resorts in mind, so I have a bit more flexibility. Good luck!
I'm waiting too, and booked th 4/3 deal (even though we're staying 8 nights)........I STILL think the AP rate will be better overall, given the rate I got last year for the WL ($180/night).
We're booked right now at the AKL with dining, so if the right AP rate comes out, I *think* it will be cheaper.
Keep in mind that the current AP discount excludes all weekends. So if you get a discount Sunday to Thursday, but have to pay rack rate for Friday and Saturday, then the 4/3 may be the better deal. Good luck, as we're all watching. I check the passholder website daily, which still has resort rate deals for Fall 2008...
I'm waiting too. Haven't booked anything yet since I can't get around paying $500 for 4 nights at a value in mid May. Hopefully the AP rates will come out and we'll save some money. We are only staying 4 nights so the 4/3 deal doesn't work for us.
have 4/3 booked for end of May, but waiting for AP. I REALLY hope they do the entirety of May soon! we are going the last week!
Separate names with a comma.