• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone else having trouble with Disney Website?

IWISHFORDISNEY

<font color=darkorchid>Cant get enough of the mous
Every time I try to look up availability for a room it is saying my session has timed out and every time I try to find dinner ressies it reverts back to todays date. I am wondering if it is me or them. Grrrr............

I just tried it and it worked ok for me.

for a rant on how bad the disney website is!

I am on like once or twice a year, I never seem to have problems. but the podcast crew, who is on all the time, say that it is very problematic.

Maybe run down to Orlando and turn off Disneyworld and then turn it back on again?

Scotte

Problem with Disney's website??? I'm shocked. :rolleyes:

I just tried to look at availibility and it got stuck on the Tinkerbell screen, it never timed out, but it never went to the page to show me what was available.

Figures the one time I am trying to do a last minute trip it flakes out on me.:rolleyes:

I have been receiving "your session has timed out" since last Thursday. Glad to hear I am not alone. Thought maybe it was my computer. Sure would like to price my vaca, so hope they get it fixed soon.

Every time I try to look up availability for a room it is saying my session has timed out and every time I try to find dinner ressies it reverts back to todays date. I am wondering if it is me or them. Grrrr............

I have been receiving "your session has timed out" since last Thursday. Glad to hear I am not alone. Thought maybe it was my computer. Sure would like to price my vaca, so hope they get it fixed soon.

Try clearing your browser history and cookies.

The Disney website has never been known for it's working ability...I've heard it's in for a major overhaul......just keep trying

The Disney website has never been known for it's working ability...I've heard it's in for a major overhaul......just keep trying

Isn't that just mind boggling? If I were Disney a working website would be one of my top priorities...why do you want to fustrate people who are trying to spend money on your site??? I know they just hired some guy from Yahoo, but their site has been terrible for years. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to order something and just gave up because the website didn't work.

Personally, I've never understood why everything Disney has to be on one site. Why don't they make totally seperate sites for travel, shopping, games and kid's stuff, ect...

Isn't that just mind boggling? If I were Disney a working website would be one of my top priorities...why do you want to fustrate people who are trying to spend money on your site??? I know they just hired some guy from Yahoo, but their site has been terrible for years. I can't tell you how many times I have tried to order something and just gave up because the website didn't work.

Personally, I've never understood why everything Disney has to be on one site. Why don't they make totally seperate sites for travel, shopping, games and kid's stuff, ect...

Well, they purchased go.com when it was a web portal and have been trying to hammer their square site into that round hole for years. I am not familiar with how their framework looks on the back end but they really need to redesign from the ground up as opposed to keep trying to fit the site into the go.com framework.

They also need to do a lot or work on how the guest facing site integrates with the CM facing site and whatever ERP system the use. That is not an easy task but one I think would be kind of fun to undertake.

I also think someone there needs to learn that just because you can have characters flying around pages, music, sound, mouse effects, and so on doesn't mean you should. It is like a college kids first ever website project and he had to use every effect he could to prove he knew how.

Well, they purchased go.com when it was a web portal and have been trying to hammer their square site into that round hole for years. I am not familiar with how their framework looks on the back end but they really need to redesign from the ground up as opposed to keep trying to fit the site into the go.com framework.

They also need to do a lot or work on how the guest facing site integrates with the CM facing site and whatever ERP system the use. That is not an easy task but one I think would be kind of fun to undertake.

I also think someone there needs to learn that just because you can have characters flying around pages, music, sound, mouse effects, and so on doesn't mean you should. It is like a college kids first ever website project and he had to use every effect he could to prove he knew how.

Firedancer ~ I have no idea what you do as a profession, but you need to work for Disney's IT group. :thumbsup2 They can use you right now!

I am having problems too... I was finally able to book a room, but waiting (since last Friday) for them to e-mail me a room confirmation. Called again this morning and he said to give it 24 hours?? :confused3 It used to 'magically' show up in my e-mail box before...

Atleast you get on. Every time I go on Disney they ask for my username and password, then I go back to the sign in page, then they tell me my name is already in use (I know....it's me!) Yesterday I spent 30 minutes trying to get on to make dinner ressies. I ended up calling. The call took 10 minutes.

I managed to order a couple things from Disney Store.com in the past few weeks and yesterday I got survey emails asking me to tell them about my experience on their website. I don't know if they have always sent them out, but this is this first time I've ever got a survey. It had the tipical rate your experience questions and there was a comment box. Believe me they got an earful from me.

still getting your session has timed out after clearing everything Grrrrrr

still getting your session has timed out after clearing everything Grrrrrr

The only other thing I can think that could be your problem is if a flash cookies (LSOs for the geeks out there) is timing your session out. They aren't normally cleared when you clear your other cookies.

Go here and clear your cookies or, better yet, install Firefox and the BetterPrivacy add on and then try again.

I've also been having trouble with Disney's site - I log in and it says "you have no reservations"...:confused3! Everything usually shows up after two or three times of logging in and out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter