Anyone else having pin code booking problems?

OhioStateBuckeye

DIS Veteran
Sigh. Just spent an hour and a half on the phone with Disney trying to book a room offer for a pin code I received in my email. It was for a $49 a night stay at Sports.

The agent kept receiving an error code so she finally transferred me to guest services. The guest services woman informed me that the pin code was for my boyfriend's mom. She then pretty much accused me of trying to use the pin code that wasn't mine. I told her that it came to my own email and that I never let anyone use my email. She said the email said 'ABC family' on it. I told her that no specific family was mentioned on the email. She sounded pretty skeptical and said it was for one specific person alone and that I wasn't allowed to use it.

So all that time wasted on the phone. I don't see how it is my fault that Disney sent out an email to the incorrect person. Is anyone else getting pin codes in their email that they aren't allowed to use or am I the only lucky one?

I did write an email to Disney's guest services telling them that I'm not happy. We have Universal annual passes and were going to stay at a Disney resort and go to Universal. Looks like that isn't happening. Not too pleased with Disney at the moment.

Yes, this happens quite a bit. My DD & her then husband went with us in 2010. I booked rooms with her listed in my room & the husbands in other room on a bounceback rate. I have only gotten PIN codes (now UOC) in her name since then. She has since divorced & moved. Disney now has her new address & former married name associated with my email.

There are many reports of others getting codes for someone who traveled with them once years ago. Very few people seem to have luck using the code, unless the named person is actually in their household. I tried to get my DD off my email several times & that hasn't worked either. It hasn't been too big of a problem for me because I usually have either a bounceback or AP rate. I told my DD one of these days I'm gonna call, say I'm her & want to update my name & address. That way next time she gets a PIN code at my email, she'll be listed as in my household & I should be able to use it, lol!

Edit to add:There is a thread about PIN codes from March 27 that has several people discussing this same thing.

Last edited:
Woke up this morning and looks like Disney booked me into this room at 630 am... No confirmation from me, no return email from guest services.

I received a pin in my email last month with my MIL's name and address attached to it. She traveled with us once to WDW a long time ago.

Regarding who gets PIN codes- I have never gotten one in more than 20 years of going to Disney. My kids went on their own last summer, and I put one of my sons as the lead name on the reservation. He is the one who got a PIN code a few days ago. So if you are traveling with various people, I would put, as the lead person (#1 on the reservation) someone you may travel with again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter