Anyone else have regret of not buying something you wanted?

dolewhipsareforlovers

Mouseketeer
The last time I was at Disney World was a few years.. I am a huge Cinderella fan and found a hand spun glass slipper in Magic Kingdom. I didn't buy it because I had already bought so much other stuff and I thought in my head that I didn't need it and probably wouldn't care about it later. Well years later I have this HUGE regret of not buying it. Has anyone else had this happen? What was the item you regret not getting for yourself?

There was a mug I think it was like the wooden tree of life one I was going to get but thought nah I don't need it. Every morning for the past 2 years I'm reminded of not having this awesome mug for my coffee. Hopefully they still sell it cause that is the frist thing I'm buying when I go this year.

There was a mug I think it was like the wooden tree of life one I was going to get but thought nah I don't need it. Every morning for the past 2 years I'm reminded of not having this awesome mug for my coffee. Hopefully they still sell it cause that is the frist thing I'm buying when I go this year.
I am buying the stuff I wanted but never bought when we got this next time too!! I hope they still have it. Fingers crossed!

I wish I had bought some smaller sized T-shirts years ago from Margaritaville and Bubba Gumps. Who knew I would loose so much weight and keep it off. Now they just have plain T-shirts with logos and I have to wear my old ones for pajamas. I can't think of anything at Disney since I'm not much of a collector. I do regret not going to more of the Food and Wine festival presentations way back when they were free.

This has happened to me once and ever since then I always tell myself whenever I see something I want "get it now because you might regret it later" and it's worked out for me for the most part.

DVC on our first trip in 1990. Who would have known that we would make sooooooo many return trips since then. Oh well, can't cry over it now. Whenever I leave the house to go work overtime I tell my wife "Gotta pay the mouse!":earboy2:

I forgot to buy a xmas ornament on our first trip. Haunts me every year we decorate the tree. This time I didn't buy my youngest, belle obsessed daughter, the rose cup at BOG when we ate supper there. I had immediate regrets when we left the park.

I forgot to buy a xmas ornament on our first trip. Haunts me every year we decorate the tree. This time I didn't buy my youngest, belle obsessed daughter, the rose cup at BOG when we ate supper there. I had immediate regrets when we left the park.
I wonder how long they are going to have the Rose cup there.

Animal masks in AK in 2012, we have zebra and elephant pictures on our walls in the living room now. Now they are more expensive and not as nice. We are hoping as we are staying at AKL this trip we will find something.

I create a wishlist on my mobile; I take screenshots/pics of everything I would like to purchase. I make sure that if we see something we want, we get it...I cannot have the regret of not purchasing, it will haunt me:hmghost:.
I too, am wondering about the Belle cups:earsboy:.

The one thing I regret not purchasing is the green retro Epcot tshirt they were selling that was a limited edition a few years back. I have the blue & red one & did not want the yellow one but I assumed the green one would still be there the next time I went back, not knowing it was a limited edition item. Epcot is my favorite park & I have already gotten more than my money's worth out of the 2 I bought. Oh well..

One thing I started doing to curve any impulse buys is to just take a photo with my phone. If I remember the item before my trip is over & still want it after looking at the pic I took, then I buy it. But most of the time, I don't even give it a second thought so this works out well for me.

The one thing I regret not purchasing is the green retro Epcot tshirt they were selling that was a limited edition a few years back. I have the blue & red one & did not want the yellow one but I assumed the green one would still be there the next time I went back, not knowing it was a limited edition item. Epcot is my favorite park & I have already gotten more than my money's worth out of the 2 I bought. Oh well..

One thing I started doing to curve any impulse buys is to just take a photo with my phone. If I remember the item before my trip is over & still want it after looking at the pic I took, then I buy it. But most of the time, I don't even give it a second thought so this works out well for me.
Thats a good idea! I know I am going to have to control my impulse to buy everything! I've been looking online at stuff already. Im obsessed with all the princess mugs they have and want them all... but.. I don't drink coffee, tea or anything out of a mug for that matter lol so I am going to have to control myself and buy only things I would use.

I create a wishlist on my mobile; I take screenshots/pics of everything I would like to purchase. I make sure that if we see something we want, we get it...I cannot have the regret of not purchasing, it will haunt me:hmghost:.
I too, am wondering about the Belle cups:earsboy:.
I wish the Disney Parks app had a wishlist or something so I could make a list that way but taking screenshots is a good idea! Ive heard the Belle cups are sold out! I have like 5 months till my trip so they probably won't have them. I'll have to settle for the light up castle cup lol

Not so much. I have more regret for the times I missed the present moment either because I was taking way too many pictures, or because I was so focused on getting to the next thing in the plan.
I think this is a great thing to remember! I think a lot of us get like that and it is hard to remember to live in the moment! I am going to TRY to have a go with the flow attitude this next trip.. but its our honeymoon and my fiance has never been so I am trying to make it perfect for him and want him to love Disney as much as I do.

I regretted not getting a 25th anniversary mug when we were there in '96, last year I found one on ebay. I think I paid $7.00 shipping included. I suggest searching ebay, you would be really surprised what you will find. I bought an Indiana Jones Watch from the Adventure Outpost in HS in 1989. I wore it so much that it eventually quit working, & was showing it's age. I loved that watch. I searched ebay nearly everyday for the past 10 years for that watch. I never saw that exact watch, I found a lot of Indy watches, but never the exact watch. Then a few months ago, doing my daily ebay search, bingo, my watch was listed!! I was so shocked I stared at it for a few seconds. Buy it now option $29.99, I would have paid 10X that. I immediately got it. It now sits in my watch case alongside my other watches.

A purple and teal Mickey baseball cap. I saw it on our trip in 2015 and I really liked it but couldn't commit, I regretted it once we got home. Been looking around on the apps but the pictures don't do it justice so I decided against it and later on I couldn't find it at all anymore. So imagine my surprise when I saw it in the first gift show we walked into at MK on our January trip. I didn't hesitate this time around. I've been calling it my unbuyers remorse hat lol

DVC in 1991 - but got it in 1993.

I don't go the shops at WDW or even DS - so not tempted to buy - although when I do - try to buy for someone else. back years ago at the polyn they had the hola skits - but not only mother but grandmother was alone - so never brought it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter