Anyone else have probs. with ddp after checkout?

Ike&Jakesmom

Earning My Ears
We checked out yesterday (12/17), when we went to lunch the room key showed "inactive" when the cast member swiped it to pay for our meal. They told me they would be nice and let us have that meal but I would have to go back to our hotel to fix the problem. So, on our last day my hubby and 2 boys rode rides while I spent 2 hours commuting back and forth to the hotel and working with the AKL concierge to fix the issue. Concierge was super (even gave me a cab voucher to go back to MK since 1st trip took 45 min.:scared1:) and gave me a printout of our remaining credits and a number for cast members to call for clearance at our remaining meals. Our 1st stop after the fix was for a snack, once again card showed inactive, told castmember the story, gave him the number to call. He told me a manager would have to fix it and I would have to get out of line (already been standing 15 min.) and find one and then come back:confused3! So I, with big tears in my eyes, told him I was not getting out of line, and HE would need to get his manager while I waited. He rolls his eyes, and tells the lady behind me to go to the next line, "Because SHE (pointing to me) will not leave." Boy did I want to knock him out, but I was too busy fighting back tears. The manager lets me know that they will let "this one go" but I would need to get the prob. fixed. Now for dinner, I warn the castmember before I order about the issue, she is ....... SUPER!!! Got a manager to come over before I ordered and I don't know what they did but I had no issues this time. Used our last snack credits at the resort, had to put them on my credit card and then the concierge had to credit my card back for them. Please, before you check out, ask what it will do to your dinning plan! Other than this major snag on our last day, the trip was SUPER! Very cold all but our last 2 days, but lots of fun. I think this will be our only cool weather trip though, I want WARM when I go to Florida!

We checked out of AKV on Fri, 12-10, and went to Chef Mickey for breakfast and was told our cards were inactive. After several attempts, the server (annoyed) manually credited the meals. Her big question was how I was going to handle the tip since I had no charging privledges with my card. I went to CR front desk and the CM there couldn't help but put me on the phone with Kidani. Spoke to a manager there and he assured me it was fixed, computer glitch. We had 7 TS(just used), 14CS and 25 snacks left. He was nice gave me direct # to call if problem continued. It worked for a few snacks, then we split up for lunch. DW's card worked,mine didn't. The CM at Casey's told me to go to city hall to get it straightened out then come back. As you may think, I let him know that that was not acceptable, I would like my food now. A few minutes later a supervisor finally gave permission for me to eat and they would fix it(on there end) later. I was a bit frustrated and annoyed. I didn't thinkI should have gotten the attitude I did, for their error. Anyway, we used the rest of our CS credits and had noproblem getting 20 snacks just before leaving. DD's class all got MM Rice Crispie treats.:banana:

Of all the times using the ktw cards this was first time I had any issues.

Have they not recently upgraded their computer system? There have been numerous reports of KTTW cards giving problems over the past weeks, occasionally with tickets, but predominantly with the DDP. I was reading on the POFQ thread and know that their system was upgraded. Was that only for the one resort or was it across the board? Just wondered if there is a connection between these issues and the reports I have read. :confused3

wow...hope this is just a system glitch and not an indication of a change in the dining plan. Would be awful if they decide that credits expire at check-out instead of midnight of check-out day. A lot of people would be leaving credits in they change it.

wow...hope this is just a system glitch and not an indication of a change in the dining plan. Would be awful if they decide that credits expire at check-out instead of midnight of check-out day. A lot of people would be leaving credits in they change it.

I'm hoping with you! However I am sure it is a system glitch as the resort recognnized that it need to be "fixed" meaning it shouldn't have happened (assuming). :confused3

If credits were to officially expire at check out people wouldn't go to the parks onm check out day as trying to rush back to your resort to check out by 11 am can be a nightmare - trust me, I've done it :scared1: and no, it was not the smartes thing I have ever attempted :rolleyes1

As mentioned in my previous post, there have been reports of this lately due to a system upgrade, which I assumed at the time of reading was specific to POFQ with the rehabs, but reading this made me wonder if it was a resort-wide upgrade.

I'm hoping with you! However I am sure it is a system glitch as the resort recognnized that it need to be "fixed" meaning it shouldn't have happened (assuming). :confused3

If credits were to officially expire at check out people wouldn't go to the parks onm check out day as trying to rush back to your resort to check out by 11 am can be a nightmare - trust me, I've done it :scared1: and no, it was not the smartes thing I have ever attempted :rolleyes1

As mentioned in my previous post, there have been reports of this lately due to a system upgrade, which I assumed at the time of reading was specific to POFQ with the rehabs, but reading this made me wonder if it was a resort-wide upgrade.

yeah, they've been doing system upgrades for a couple of month now--have been several days when the online systems were not available at all.

Just hope they have all their glitches cleared up in the next couple of weeks...we'll be there in early January. At least it won't be busy when we're there, but would hate to spend a lot of time getting things straightened out. Hope the rest of your trip was fun.:thumbsup2

Our issue was that the receipt showed we had three credits left after lunch at AK on a Wednesday. At lunch Thursday planning to use those last three credits I was told we only had one credit. I even had my AK receipt but it did no good - she said I'd have to pay for the rest. Since DH was on a ride with the kids and had all our money I just got the one meal. Then had to go back to the line to purchase the rest ten minutes later. I basically spent 30 minutes standing in line twice trying both times to figure out how our credits disappeared and what we had left.

When I came home I went back through our receipts, and yes we had definitely used all the credits. Turns out the AK receipt was wrong. Just wish I'd known that I would have to keep track of credits and couldn't rely on their computing system.:sad2:

Our issue was that the receipt showed we had three credits left after lunch at AK on a Wednesday. At lunch Thursday planning to use those last three credits I was told we only had one credit. I even had my AK receipt but it did no good - she said I'd have to pay for the rest. Since DH was on a ride with the kids and had all our money I just got the one meal. Then had to go back to the line to purchase the rest ten minutes later. I basically spent 30 minutes standing in line twice trying both times to figure out how our credits disappeared and what we had left.

When I came home I went back through our receipts, and yes we had definitely used all the credits. Turns out the AK receipt was wrong. Just wish I'd known that I would have to keep track of credits and couldn't rely on their computing system.:sad2:

I had the reverse happen to me. I always relied on the receipts to tell me how many credits I had and for some reason I kept getting extra credits and no one could tell me how my credits increased. All they could tell me was to enjoy the extra free snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter