anyone else a last-minute tweaker?

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
This is a sickness!

Leaving Thursday for a 9-night split stay and I've been watching the long term weather for a while, knowing the long term forecast is unlikely to be true... but now it's 5 days away and they are still saying it's going to be 80 on Saturday and I've decided rather than spending the entire day in AK and rush to Storybook dining back at our resort, we'll collapse our AK day until about 2pm and then swim at the resort. We are staying at VWL and friends are meeting us so it will be nice to have the downtime. Not a problem to move our 2:30 Tusker house to 11:30 and move Festival of the Lion King to later to make everything work better... all the major ones are gone but the minor FPs still have tons of availability.

Anyone else still tweaking your touring plans at the last minute?

I get it! Even when my plans are made, I continue to research and reimagine.....I enjoy the planning too much to stop.
that is part of the issue with me too. A tiny part of me is kind of sad the trip is here because it is an end to the planning phase!

DW and I are going to WDW with her parents in 12 days. We all met yesterday to review the "final" plans that I had put into a spreadsheet. There may have been a few changes made to the "final" plans.

Constantly tweaking in the last days here! It gets worse the closer we get, tbh. I'm guessing it'll begin when I make fastpasses. I'll tinker with the plan once/week or so for the first 6 weeks after FP day, then make changes more often after that.

All the time! It's part of the fun, as long as there's not too much second guessing. Then you just get tied up in knots of anxiety. o_O

I think your new plan sounds better, fwiw. It's almost always a good idea to add downtime when you're able.

Have a great trip!!

I don't really do it intentionally but yes, there will be. And I'm not someone who likes to plan (Disney is the only vacation I have ever taken that involved spreadsheets). But last year they announced that BOG was going Prix fixe. It hadn't been in the plan but we decided to go one last time. Gave up Skippers Canteen when an ADR came up for BOG. That didn't go so well with the previous plan of Pirates League so the kids could joke with the servers at Skippers about taking over their boats. Moved PL to another day.

This year I have a reservation finder going to get a better time for Storybook dining. If that comes through there will be other changes I'm sure.

And I usually rethink some of the FPs a time or two.

I don't mean to but ...yeah, tinkering happens.

Yes always. I'm surprised I haven't messed with my March trip very much. I actually tried to and couldn't find anything to change :rotfl2:

I'm leaving in 3 days and I'm still ruminating on dining choices. We're only doing a few ADRs, but one is Storybook dining but the timing really doesn't work with our plans. I think I need to let it go but I really don't want to! Not sure what to do about that...I also want to swap out our Epcot lunch from Via Napoli to Spice Road Table, but I don't think that will be a popular choice with the rest of the planning committee.

I can't remember exactly what our FPs are, which reminds me I need to write up our plan!

I'm a crazy planner and my friends and I made the split decision to go to MK this Saturday and they have NO plans! No plan for FP's or dining, it's all just a free for all! I know they would absolutely hate for everything to be so tediously planned but this Saturday is going to be crazy busy (a 7/10 on crowd calendar) and I am going insane not planning any of it. I'm hoping I'll be able to relax and enjoy the day but with no plan I'm so stressed!

Yes! I modify my FP's almost each 'night before' and every 'morning of' I frequently book within 60 days and don't get exactly what I want. Its people like me & the OP that keeps thing hopeful for everyone else wanting to change...no worries.

Last minute? I make changes while I'm there!

We went last month over the holidays and met up with friends for the first three days. Pretty much everything I'd planned went out the window. Changes ADRs three times just a couple of days before heading down. Cancelled all of my FPs and we ended up going to MK all three days for at least part of the day (not in the plan). Then after it was just the two of us, I ended up cancelling one breakfast (no way I was getting up early again after being up at 4 am on Christmas Day!). We did a couple of our FPs for the remainder of the days but cancelled a few others and ended up going back to Disney Springs for a half-day. I like to do the planning and it's there as an option if we want to follow it. But if we don't, I have absolutely no problem with changing it up at the last minute (I'm now making dining changes to our Feb trip). We know what we're giving up and if that plan doesn't resonate with us, we're on vacation so we can do what makes us happy in the moment.

This is a sickness!

Leaving Thursday for a 9-night split stay and I've been watching the long term weather for a while...

Likewise, we leave Thursday for a 5 day stay, departing WDW on Tuesday. Yes, at 4:00 AM this morning EST, my wife was awake and changing our ADR and was able to get a reservation for Storybook Dining with Snow White, a new dining experience that she has been attempting to get, but has not been able to get so far.

Then there was a surprise trip in August. After finishing a big project at work, my boss told me to take a few extra days off. We made plans on a Monday night to arrive in Epcot on Thursday evening. A 5:00 PM phone call was made from the car to change our 6:10 PM ADR to 7:05 as we were hitting more traffic than expected. So, right up to an hour before.

FP, yeah, they change all the time.

We will change up to the minute when possible.

Yep, I am always tweaking until we get there.
Then once we're there, 1/2 my plans get completely abandoned! LOL.

For sure! My pre-trip report I did for our new year's eve trip was pointless, we changed almost everything once we arrived! Crowd management, time management, and just realizing we were having a good time relaxing at the resort had a lot to do with it. But yes, usually I second guess and change things before every trip, and often once I'm already there.

Continually looking to see if better FP times are available. Or a FP we wanted but couldn't get is suddenly available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter