Anyone doing the ABD add-ons for the med cruises?

slg

DIS Veteran
I booked the 3 day precruise add-on on July 10 and was hoping to find out if anyone is going to be doing any of these. I really hope they happen as I don't have back-up hotel, but I don't know when DCL will decide.

Any information would be welcome!

Looks like we're on the same cruise. I called just out of curiousity to see what it would cost to add ABD to the 12 night cruise. The cost is $3,149 per person :scared1:.

I took a pass.

Was that for the 3 day pre-cruise or for the cruise enhanced one? We're paying less than that, only $1999 per person and $1699 for the kids for the 4 day, 3 night pre-cruise adventure that includes airport pick ups and transfers to port, meals, hotel and exclusive guided tours and experiences.

Actually, I just looked it up and we're paying less than I said:

3-Night Pre-Stay in Barcelona - Barcelona Escape

Adventure Highlights:

Privately guided tour to the Sagrada Familia Cathedral, Montserrat and the Gothic Quarter.
Experience the culture and meet the people through activities including stained glass making and a Flamenco dance performance.
Get access to special experiences such as an archeology experience and a mountain hike.

Adult - $1,899 per person

Child - $1,799 per person (ages 4-11, but it's recommended that children be 6 and older)

Additional Deposit due at time of booking - 20% of ABD add-on per person

Hotel, food, transfers, tips to local guides included. Only thing you have to pay is the tips to the ABD guides.

Was that for the 3 day pre-cruise or for the cruise enhanced one? We're paying less than that, only $1999 per person and $1699 for the kids for the 4 day, 3 night pre-cruise adventure that includes airport pick ups and transfers to port, meals, hotel and exclusive guided tours and experiences.

The $3,149 was for DURING the cruise. Most of the shore excursions looked interesting, but not all of them. I can still take some pretty good shore excursions and have quite a bit left over for that kind of money.

See my above post. I'm doing the pre cruise. I wouldn't do a cruise add-on as I want to be able to choose my own excursions and also $3100 is too pricey!

The $3,149 was for DURING the cruise. Most of the shore excursions looked interesting, but not all of them. I can still take some pretty good shore excursions and have quite a bit left over for that kind of money.

I was just read a TR from someone who had done ABD during the cruise. She was disappointed in many situations. Also there was 39 passengers in the group so something simple like stopping for gelato took an hour.

You can hire a completely private tour guide to take your family to all these things for less than the cost of 1 person on ABD. ABD is perfect for those who can afford it and don't feel like having to do the reserach; just trust that ABD will handle everything and show you a good time.

I know somebody that did the ABD pre-cruise add on in 2011 and they were with 2 families in total, themselves (3 adults) and at least 2 other adults.

I booked the 3 day precruise add-on on July 10 and was hoping to find out if anyone is going to be doing any of these. I really hope they happen as I don't have back-up hotel, but I don't know when DCL will decide.

Any information would be welcome!

I would love to hear a review of it after you are done, if you do not mind. Hubby and I would really like to do this next year. (Fingers crossed that it is still offered!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter