Anyone bought the Dole Whip mix???

budafam

DIS Veteran
I just bought a bag and it arrived today. The directions say to make the whole bag at once but that's 70 servings! I was hoping someone had directions to make 1-2 servings at a time... or just a smaller amount.

through precisionfoodsstore.com $21.31 for a 4.4 lb. bag which is 70 servings.

You need to see this.

MAJOR WARNING if you are a true Dole Whip lover you may not want to see this video since it "shows" the true nature of what Dole Whips are and not necessarily from the gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1fnJHTrI_o

NOTE: This recipe is only for Pineapple dole whip.

For the right ratio of water to mix you have to use 1/8 of the bag. The measurement in the video is only for pineapple. I also have vanilla and I had to adjust the amount of mix. It helps if you have a scale.

You need to see this.

MAJOR WARNING if you are a true Dole Whip lover you may not want to see this video since it "shows" the true nature of what Dole Whips are and not necessarily from the gods.

For the right ratio of water to mix you have to use 1/8 of the bag. The measurement in the video is only for pineapple. I also have vanilla and I had to adjust the amount of mix. It helps if you have a scale.

THANK YOU!!! :) Can't wait to try it!

I know this will be hard to believe, but I've never had a Dole Whip. What do they taste like? Is it like an orange creamsicle, but pineapple flavor instead of orange? That's what I've been imagining since I first heard about them. I'm trying to figure out if I should go out of my way to get one on our next trip.

Yes, it's like a orangesicle... sort of a pineapple sherbert in my opinion. They do have different flavors available as well as the pineapple but I've only had pineapple.

:worship:
Thank you!!!
The holidays will be a bit merrier at my house this year...off to order my Dole whip mix. I'm thinking that, besides the obvious, that there are some rather delicious recreational beverages that can be created with this :woohoo:

That is super awesome! Let us know how it turned out! I vote you make the 70 servings and have a party.

I recently found one of those self-serve places that has soft-serve pineapple flavored "yogurt." It has a small DOLE logo on the machine. I was super excited because it was exactly like a dole whip! It still tastes better in WDW though. It is missing the magic.

1. That is super awesome! Let us know how it turned out! I vote you make the 70 servings and have a party.

2. I recently found one of those self-serve places that has soft-serve pineapple flavored "yogurt." It has a small DOLE logo on the machine. I was super excited because it was exactly like a dole whip! It still tastes better in WDW though. It is missing the magic.

1. Well it does make mixing it easier but you would need a 2 gallon ice cream freezer.

2. If it has a Dole Logo its probably Dole Whip. They should be careful though since Dole Whip is not frozen yogurt. So if they are calling it frozen yogurt, either they are miss labeling Dole Whip or selling some other pineapple flavored soft serve as Dole Whip.

Some people don't know that anyone can sell Dole Whip. I just had one this last summer at Kennywood Park in Pittsburgh.

OK, we're definitely going to try it on our mini trip next month. It will have to be at Poly since we won't be going to the parks. I gave DS16 a softserve machine last year for Christmas, so if he likes the Dole Whip, I'll get him the mix this year.

OK, we're definitely going to try it on our mini trip next month. It will have to be at Poly since we won't be going to the parks. I gave DS16 a softserve machine last year for Christmas, so if he likes the Dole Whip, I'll get him the mix this year.

Just so you know there are 7 flavors of Dole Whip available. WDW only serves 3 flavors, Pineapple, Vanilla and Chocolate.

The nice thing about Dole Whip mix is that it is a shelf stable powder so you can mix up a quart at a time.

:worship:
Thank you!!!
The holidays will be a bit merrier at my house this year...off to order my Dole whip mix. I'm thinking that, besides the obvious, that there are some rather delicious recreational beverages that can be created with this :woohoo:

Yes you probably can make your "recreational beverages" just don't replace all or even some of the water with say "lemonade" ;) the alcohol will change the freezing point and probably wont work. So you may have to add more mix. Maybe Google "alcohol in ice cream" (though dole whip is not ice cream the physics is pretty much the same)

When I made the vanilla mix, I followed the pineapple recipe and it just didn't freeze since it was a slightly different ratio.

My ice cream maker came today... I promised DH I wouldn't open any of it till Christmas but my, it is TEMPTING!!!

I know this will be hard to believe, but I've never had a Dole Whip. What do they taste like?

For me, it's what I imagine melted plastic with pineapple flavoring would taste like. For me, it was heinous.

DH and DS liked it, but then both reacted BIG time, to what we later figured out was the corn syrup solids in it.

It's now off the menu for our family.

We finally tried our first Dole Whips last weekend. I'm in love with the pineapple flavor! :lovestruc DS, however likes the vanilla better. :confused3 I ordered vanilla for him and put pineapple on my Christmas list. ;)

Someone mentioned that the video/recipe was only for pineapple. Does anyone know how to make a smaller (1.5 quart) amount of the vanilla mix?

You need to see this.

Ooh, I just re-read your post. Do you happen to remember what the amounts are for the vanilla mix? I do have a scale.

It's supposed to be delivered on Wednesday, which just happens to be DS's birthday. :thumbsup2

Ooh, I just re-read your post. Do you happen to remember what the amounts are for the vanilla mix? I do have a scale.

It's supposed to be delivered on Wednesday, which just happens to be DS's birthday. :thumbsup2

As I recall use one eighth of the bag by weight.

You can also have Dole whips at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk,Santa Cruz ,California.and some where in San Francisco ...You can Google it.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter