Anyone Booking Flights Today?

mom_of_3_70737

DIS Veteran
Hello All! We have been waiting for this day for months now! Supposedly, we can book our flight through Southwest today for our upcoming trip...the lady that we spoke to at Southwest said April 17th! Still waiting on that...So ready to have that done with! :) According to the website, they are still only accepting ressies through Aug 22nd. I was just wondering if anyone else is watching the website like I am..... :) :)

I am watching, but usually the flights aren't that great the first day out...usually takes a week or two for the prices to come down.

I also keep an eye on the competitors though, because they usually have fare sales around Southwest's release dates. Just snagged a great rate last night on Airtran for our return trip and hoping SW or Airtran have a good rate going down....I will watch both closely.

I think the date was changed to the 18th, tomorrow. I called SW yesterday and that is what the lady said, she could have mis-spoke & I may be wrong, if so, someone please correct me. :confused3

I am waiting for southwest too. We are going oct 5th and we have like 150$ in vouchers to use. I feel like it is taking forever.:flower3:

I was watching for the day the schedule opened for Memorial Day weekend, and it was like the previous poster said - deals take a week plus to come out. At first, fares were $129 ea. way Chicago - Orlando. I watched daily for a sale, and got the fares at $69 ea way about 10 days later.

I'm going to start watching tomorrow now for sales in Sept. for Vegas, and again plan to check back daily so I can catch the sale fares as soon as they are posted.

Hi
I just checked Air Tran and for anyone flying in September, they have some non-stop flights to Orlando for $55.00 one way from Philly. I thought that was pretty good, since the prices have been going up. I was checking on Sept 13 to the 17th for a friend and saw the $55.00.

The website has changed to 4/18 - tomorrow. I am SO jealous of those $55 one way fares. The cheapest I have ever gotten was just under $200 (RT).

With airlines dropping like flies lately I'm afraid to book on AirTran!!!! Their fares are the best but I'm worried they'll go under before then.

Southwest opened the schedule today!!!! If you subscribe to their DING updates, you will get a 15% off code! I used it this morning and got 4 round-trip tickets from new orleans for $580 total!!!!

The are indeed - I went ahead and booked because they were at least "reasonable" right off the bat with the 15% ding discount. And if they go down I'll just rebook and take the credit....but the way things are looking I'm not real confident airfare will do anything besides go up.

I booked today on SW for September - got a ding fare of 15% off their online fares..... $220 including tax - which is great from Austin to Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter