Anyone been to Sportsworld in Kitchener,ONT?

Winston112

Mouseketeer
Looking for opinions on Sportsworld in Kitchener,ONT. It sounds great with the go-karts, amusement rides, and waterpark.

It's nice, if you live in Kitchener. But, IMHO, don't make the drive just for Sportsworld. It's very tiny, about the size of a shopping mall. It has nice mini-putt and that's it's best quality. There are a few water slides, an indoor driving range, go-carts and....that's it!

We went about 3 summers ago. We were given free tickets. It was good because it was free, but I don't think I would have paid for it. I think the tickets were about $16 back then. It seemed like a step above those travelling carnivals that plop themselves down in a shopping centres parking lot. The rides were old and unsafe looking. The little water park was nice, but very little. There was a small wave pool that my dd liked a lot. She got a hole in one at the mini-golf and she was only 5 years old. There was a Moose Winoski's (sp?) Restaurant, it smelled gamey. There was rock climbing and an arcade. But it still looked old and unsafe to me. I wouldn't make a trip from Detriot to it. It wasn't absolutely terrible, but it's no Disney and far from Wonderland, Centreville or the EX. S

Hi:

If you want an amusment park and water park, I think Canada's Wonderland near Toronto would be good. There is also the Toronto Zoo, if you made a weekend of it.

Deb.

We were just there last Friday. We were on holidays in Kitchener, so it was close. It is just a small park, but our girls, 9 & 14 (and Dad too) had fun. The water park was decent and clean. We liked the tube ride. The go cart track was long, but somewhat rutty in spots. We only played one of the two mini-golf courses and was fairly impressed with the condition of the "grass" and the challenging holes. The amusement park was just a few older rides, but if you like bumper cars, you should have fun there. We did the rock climbing (first time for all of us). It was really cool to do, but because this was our only time climbing, I can't really rate it.
All in all, we had a good time. I think it depends on the age of your children. If you have younger kids,(under 12-13), this park will give you good bang for your buck (especially with the exchange on U.S. $). We paid $90 Canadian for the 4 of us. But if you want more of an amusement park and water park, Canada's Wonderland is the place to go...Great coasters, big water park and a good kiddie land. It will cost more, but you get a LOT more.
Canadave

I live in Kitchener, and the only reason i go to Sportsworld is for Minigolf, or to waste time at their arcade before catching a movie at the nearby Famous Players Silver City. Oh, Moose Winoskies<sp> is a good place for a drink, and if you REALLY (and i mean REALLY) love spicy food, then their suicide wings are for you.. :) But really, in my 21 years living in K-Town, i've never paid for Sportsworld admission. Just the mini-golf.

Canadas Wonderland is by far way better. In Toronto, theres so much more to do, like sightseeing and shopping. (hey, they even have a few Disney Stores ;) ) Plus theres other things like the perviously mentioned Toronto Metro Zoo, and the Ontario Science Center, ROM (Royal Ontario Museum), and lets not forget the SkyDome and the CN Tower. :)

Tho with the garbage strikes going on in TO right now, it's a little smelly in places, but it didn't bother me that much when i was there last weekend..

Hope this helps.. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter