Anybody stay in a cat 9b on the Fantasy?

Princess Stitch

DIS Veteran
We just got our ogt assignment for our Oct 5 cruise (can't believe it's only 2 weeks away!!) and we're in room 2504. Deck 2 was the only thing we were hoping not to get! Has anyone stayed in an outside room on deck 2 and have reviews or pictures?

Thanks!

We just got our ogt assignment for our Oct 5 cruise (can't believe it's only 2 weeks away!!) and we're in room 2504. Deck 2 was the only thing we were hoping not to get! Has anyone stayed in an outside room on deck 2 and have reviews or pictures?

Thanks!

I got this from the Stateroom reports on the red banner above:

Ship: Disney Fantasy Stateroom: 2504 Condition: 5
Deck: 2 Category: 9B Location: Forward

Notes: Quiet room, near the elevators (but not noisy). Convenient to the laundry room and to Enchanted Garden. Also to walking up one deck to Walt Disney Theater. Many places online says it sleeps 3-4 people. Our travel agent thought only 3. Room actually sleeps 4 - two on the main bed, 1 on the couch that makes into a twin, and one on a bunk that the stateroom host can pull down from the ceiling at night.

I got this from the Stateroom reports on the red banner above:

Ship: Disney Fantasy Stateroom: 2504 Condition: 5
Deck: 2 Category: 9B Location: Forward

Notes: Quiet room, near the elevators (but not noisy). Convenient to the laundry room and to Enchanted Garden. Also to walking up one deck to Walt Disney Theater. Many places online says it sleeps 3-4 people. Our travel agent thought only 3. Room actually sleeps 4 - two on the main bed, 1 on the couch that makes into a twin, and one on a bunk that the stateroom host can pull down from the ceiling at night.

Thanks! I should have mentioned that I already read the stateroom report that was posted lol.

Thanks!

We have stayed in that room and had no issues. BTW we love deck 2 nice and quiet and close to IG:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Will also add that we will be staying there again Feb 2014

We have stayed in that room and had no issues. BTW we love deck 2 nice and quiet and close to IG:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Will also add that we will be staying there again Feb 2014

Thanks for the info! Did you find that you were far away from everything? Or that the elevators took a long time? I'm thinking of getting up to the breakfast buffet...we usually take the stairs in the morning but thats too many flights for me!

What is wrong with deck two? We have never stayed there but wondering we should be aware of anything?

I had room 2038 on the Fantasy. 9B on Deck 2. I specifically requested to get this room. I love the lower decks, and most of the outside porthole rooms that aren't on deck 2 are way foward or back.

I loved that cabin! It was amazingly quiet considering it was right by the elevators and the Enchanted Garden. Nice, large window let in plenty of light. Very stable area of the ship. Right above the exit to disembark for port days. Very close to all of the dining rooms (I could practically roll out of bed & to Enchanted Garden for a quick breakfast).

Pictures:

P1100724.jpg

P1100722.jpg

P1100712.jpg

P1100657.jpg

P1100652.jpg

P1100651.jpg

P1100650.jpg

P1100649.jpg

P1100647.jpg

Let me know if you have any specific questions!

ETA: This is how close you are to the gangway: The porthole on the right was my room:

P1100851.jpg

Sayhello

What is wrong with deck two? We have never stayed there but wondering I we should be aware of anything?
I think most people who dislike deck 2 have never stayed there! They have the perception that because it's a low deck that it's "less desirable". I still think this is a throwback to when steerage was in the low decks, and the rich tried to stay as far away from steerage as possible. So not relevant any more! I loved Deck 2!

Sayhello

We r staying in room 2040 on the fantasy in December. We specifically booked it for the location. Can't wait!!!!!

We love deck 2! Have stayed there on the Dream and the Fantasy. If you take the forward elevators instead of mid-ship, it is usually faster. It is very quiet and very convenient to the MDR's. I don't think you will be disappointed.

We stayed on Deck 2 this past summer and will do it again this spring. You are close to all the restaurants and the evening activities.

You're in a good spot to use the forward and central elevators. I found the forward elevators to always be available.

I'll agree with the other posts that it was really quiet - we thought the room next to us was empty for several days.

We're staying in 2038 on the Dream in April. I'm assuming since they are the same design that the rooms will basically be the same. Thank you for the pictures.

I think most people who dislike deck 2 have never stayed there! They have the perception that because it's a low deck that it's "less desirable". I still think this is a throwback to when steerage was in the low decks, and the rich tried to stay as far away from steerage as possible. So not relevant any more! I loved Deck 2!

Sayhello

I agree. We haven't done deck 2 on the Fantasy but we have many, many times on the Magic and Wonder.
It was quiet & convenient, esp when returning from the beach & while everyone is waiting for an elevator we could quick hop up the stairs. Also there's less motion closer to the water line.
If I wanted a window cabin, I wouldn't hesitate to book deck 2 again on any DCL ship.

We're staying in 2038 on the Dream in April. I'm assuming since they are the same design that the rooms will basically be the same. Thank you for the pictures.
You're welcome. I'd assume they'd be basically the same, also!

I agree. We haven't done deck 2 on the Fantasy but we have many, many times on the Magic and Wonder.
It was quiet & convenient, esp when returning from the beach & while everyone is waiting for an elevator we could quick hop up the stairs. Also there's less motion closer to the water line.
If I wanted a window cabin, I wouldn't hesitate to book deck 2 again on any DCL ship.
:thumbsup2

Sayhello

You're welcome. I'd assume they'd be basically the same, also!

The picture that they have posted when looking at cruises for cat 9b is very deceiving. It shows the porthole facing up and at an angle. The picture being used must be from the Magic or Wonder.

My friends and I are booked in 2522/2520 on the Fantasy. Everything I read says quiet yet convenient and a bit less motion being on a lower floor.

I'm of the mindset that I don't mind if it's a bit of a walk here or there,because I know darn well that between a few daily fruity cocktails (that taste soooo much better on a cruise) and the desserts I have little intention of passing up, I need to burn some calories any way I can! ;)

DECK 2 on the ships are very convenient to most everything....everything is basically walkable except for the pool deck and above which are just an elevator ride away.

MJ

I was one if those "never deck 2" people until I was assigned 2514 9b for my sept 2013 Dream gty. I had the bottom of the boat mindset. LOVED it! Was my 3rd time on the Dream and by far my best experience with respect to motion and vibration. Absolutely none felt. My previous Dream cruises were decks 7 and 6 and I experienced motion sickness and rocking in my sleep. I felt no movement at all on deck 2. Very convenient to forward and mid elevators. And to gangway and dining rooms Only wait is on mid elevator during busy transition times. Would definitely do deck 2 again

Thanks for the info everyone! We've never stayed on deck 2 before. On both our previous cruises we were in a verandah room on a higher deck. I suppose I was worried about feeling claustrophobic from being so low down? Sounds like everyone had a good experience and it won't be an issue!

Deck 2 = Steerage - to some people

I've extolled the virtues of deck 2 cat 9 rooms "forever" - it's where we stay on all of the ships. But I am stopping giving all of the great reasons for living on deck 2 - because I like the low prices I get to pay for the room - and if many more people start wanting to stay down here with me, my cruise fare will be going up.

Deck 2 Sucks!!!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter