Anybody stay at Paradise Point in San Diego??

Lives4Disney

DIS Veteran
Just wondering......we will be doing a split between San Diego and Disneyland for spring break. I found this Paradise Point in San Diego thru Frommers and the pics and description sound nice, but I have been deceived before by a resort's online pics. :sad2:

Also, we are flying into Long Beach arriving about 7:30 PM.....I was thinking of driving down to San Diego that same night and just checking in to our San Diego hotel. Maybe that would be pushing it?? Not sure how long the drive would take. I just thought one less hotel check in would be easier with 3 kids.

THANKS for any info & have a Happy New Year.

Lives4Disney :)

I think that the drive from LB to SD would be about an hour and a half.

As to Paradise Point - I haven't stayed there, but I remember talking with someone this summer who had just come back from there. They were saying how nice it was. Why don't you check it out on www.tripadvisor.com? Keep in mind, a lot of ta reviewers will nix a place a little if it is expensive - I think that Paradise Point is expensive.

My guess for the drive time would be closer to 2 1/2 hours. I have never stayed at Paradise Point but have attended many events there. When my friend was married years ago, we did see her room and it was a little cottage on the bay. The property is beautiful and a short drive to other San Diego attractions.

My guess for the drive time would be closer to 2 1/2 hours. I have never stayed at Paradise Point but have attended many events there. When my friend was married years ago, we did see her room and it was a little cottage on the bay. The property is beautiful and a short drive to other San Diego attractions.

I used to be able to drive from Brentwood to Mission Bay in 2 1/2 hours. Also, we did Irvine to Carlsbad in 1 hour last year. Carlsbad is about 1/2 north of Mission Bay. We went inland at Irvine which ate up some time so I think that the Long Beach drive to Carlsbad would have been about the same amount of time (maybe tacked on 10 minutes). That's where I came up with the 1 1/2 hour guesstimate. Of course, if it is during rush hour, then all bets are off.

We booked it for the end of March! Booked a one bedroom garden suite that sounds lovely. It was a steal of a deal compared to the rates at the GCH :sad2: (which we are doing for the second half of our CA trip) AND it is about twice as large a room as GCH's.

I will let you all know how it is when we get back!:thumbsup2

Thanks for the help & opinions,

I dream of going back to paradise point. I LOVE IT. We have stayed twice. 44 tropical acres, all rooms in small buildings with 4 rooms or so per building. Get one with the garden view, very peaceful. We had ducks walking up to our sliding door. Pool is great, zero entry for little ones, bar for big people. We loved just walking around the grounds, I find it very relaxing.

At the gift shop you can buy fish food and duck food and walk around and feed the aminals, my dd loved this.

Service was great. (they actually carry your bags into the room) I was a little embarressed the first time as we had stopped at the store and had bags of food, water and wine.....

Only problem is sometimes it is expensive, but if you can find a deal go for it....

Abby, thanks so much for the wonderful post!!! :goodvibes I am really looking forward to our stay- we are booked for 5 nts the end of March. I have a family of 5, so I booked a garden view suite and it sounds great - pretty and roomy. My parents are meeting us there and we are hoping for adjoining or connecting rooms. From what I have read, I think it sounds like the perfect place for us. I chose it, so I hope it is, lol - don't want everybody to be disappointed and have me to blame!!! ;) From your post, it sounds like we will love it, though. :goodvibes

We had our wedding reception there. It's a BEAUTIFUL resort. You and your family will not be disappointed. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter