Anybody stay at Contemporary Garden Wing

momwith2boys

Earning My Ears
We just booked for August 2013 - have 2 boy's (3 and 10) is it worth the extra cost and how are the rooms? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

We stayed at the garden wing last year (it was our first time at a deluxe) and we really enjoyed the fact that we were able to stay at CR without the high price tag of the being in the tower. The walk from garden wing was really not that far and well worth the savings. We were able to do Chef Mickey's almost every morning for breakfast because we were already at CR. The room we had was spacious and had two sinks in bathroom. We requested closest to tower as a special request and they granted it, so we were only just one hallway in which accounted for the short walk but I can't imagine even being at the farthest end of garden wing, it should still be a short walk - not bad at all, that was my biggest concern before going there and was much relieved when we were there. Also really nice to be able to walk out of my room sliding window/door and already be at the garden and pool with my kiddo (obviously when someone was still in the room so that we didn't have to lock that window door).

We just booked for August 2013 - have 2 boy's (3 and 10) is it worth the extra cost and how are the rooms? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

It's a wonderful way to experience the closeness of the MK without all the cost. You don't have to wait on elevators like you to in the tower and can easily use the stairs. The rooms are very large and spacious. And some of the rooms have really great views.

We stayed in the South Wing when they were tearing down the North Wing (now the site of Bay Lake Tower). We thought it was a great place to stay and really liked being able to walk to the MK. The pool was close by, dining was easy.

Really a very good choice.

We stayed in the Garden Wing last stay in August 2011 and it was fabulous. Our boys were 8 and 5 at the time. You get all the perks of the CR with the food, monorail, walk to MK with a more manageable price tag. Very worth the convenience if you can. The pool is great, your 10 year old will love the slide and there are sprayers and and Splash Pad area. Our room overlooked the pool area so we could always see when the pool was open. They closed for lightening and rain a few times.

Ask for a ground floor room if you want some outdoor space, as the 2nd and 3rd floors do not have balconies. That's the only drawback. It's very quiet in the Garden Wing. The Tower is noisy and very hustle bustle all the time. I loved the peace in the Garden Wing. The rooms are exactly the same, size and furniture in the Tower or Garden Wing. No difference.

It's a quick walk inside for everything or around to the buses and walkway to MK and it's a short maybe 7-8 minute walk with salamanders for the kids to watch out for the whole way.

just checked out of the garden wing yesterday. Another great stay and agree with all the posts above. highly recommend.

I prefer the garden wing to the tower. I like that it's quieter, it's only three floors so you can use elevators OR stairs, and I like that it's near the pool and marina. I have stayed in the farthest out rooms and it still takes less than five minutes at a normal walk to get to the 4th floor where the shops and most restaurants are. The rooms in the tower and wing are identical except that the tower rooms have balconies and the wing rooms don't (except those ground floor patios). They still have the sliding door, so you can get fresh air if you want - you just have to sit inside instead of outside.

We stayed in the garden wing in Dec. 2010. Our room was the second to last away from the tower, and it felt like a LONG walk at the end of the day. However, our room also had sliding glass doors out to a little patio area which was really nice. We sat out there and were able to watch the boat show with lights (the name escapes me) one night, and it was a shortcut to the pool from the patio. The rooms are huge (by Disney standards) and I liked that the toilet area of the bathroom had its own door.

But what we really enjoyed was walking to the Magic Kingdom. So much faster than the monorail!

Keep in mind that in all the comments of everyone saying they loved it and how great it is and how it's better than the towers; if you offered them the choice at the same price, they'd all be there. If you can afford it, do the towers. No questions.

It was awful I called immediately and asked to be upgraded to the tower of course at my expense. They were totally booked so we went to yc cl instead. Felt claustrophobic in the wing and the tiny elevator. Not for me.

Keep in mind that in all the comments of everyone saying they loved it and how great it is and how it's better than the towers; if you offered them the choice at the same price, they'd all be there. If you can afford it, do the towers. No questions.

Nope, no desire at all to stay in the tower. And I have stayed in BLT which is a completely different matter. If I'm doing DVC points, I'll stay in BLT. If I'm paying cash, I'll stay in the wing room.

We also have no desire to stay in the tower again. We found the wait for the elevator to be long and often they would be so crowded we would have to wait for another one to come.

We have stayed several times at BLT and would again but not the tower rooms at CR.

We would be happy to stay in the garden wing just to be able to walk to MK which is why we stay at BLT.
Colleen

Regarding the long walk to the farthest garden wing rooms, if you walk to your room outside by the pool instead of going inside the building closest to the tower, the walk is longer.

I'm not sure if that makes sense :rotfl:

Not us. My husband has a fear of heights, and the corridors that open to the middle of the A frame would paralyze him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter