Anybody here won at skyauction.com???

mbb

<font color=green>Wishin' & Clappin' & always Beli
or used priceline for hotels?

Curious if anyone has any experiences...good, bad, or ugly...??

TIA!!

:sunny:

I won a Ready,Set, Go! auction with skyauction last June. Originally we planned to travel in March, but I kept checking availability and nothing was coming up for our dates. We switched our trip to December instead and had lots to choose from. We chose Cypress Point Grande Villas, and absolutely loved it. I wouldn't hesitate to use skyauction again, it was painless, and they were very easy to deal with via email once we booked our accomodation. We paid about $350 cdn (including bid price, service charge and admin fee) for 7 nights in a luxury 2 bdrm. Absolutely cannot beat the price, and did not require a timeshare tour (although we took one to save money on our Disney tickets).

Hi there, if you search this forum you will see a post I did a few weeks back about Priceline. I like to use them and have never had a problem, but you have to be fairly flexible. The first time we usedit, we got terriific rooms in Hawaii at the Hyatt Maui for a very cheap price. We have since used it in Florida and got the DTD Hilton for $60.00 US/night(plus taxes and small resort fee of about $8). You need an American Express card to use it and I highly recommend reading up about current winning bids, strategy etc on www.biddingfortravel.com. My Dad uses Priceline alot but he says just lately he has been getting the worst rooms in the hotel(bad or no view, noisy locations, etc). He has been using them for Asia primarily though, so who knows...Anyway, it is fun if your willing to gamble a bit on what you get.

I have used both. I won a ready, set, go auction for Silver lake and Orange lake- both are 2 bedroom units. The last few years I have also used priceline. Stayed at Marriot Orlando World Centre, Hyatt, and another one I can't remember.

We have used Priceline many many times and were never disappointed. I will be using this again in the future!!!

We also won the skyauction for Orange Lake Resort. My sister won another one for her second week there and her second week was so much better than the first. Our first week we stayed in an older 2 bedroom and didn't like it at all!!! The whole place was stinky and old and stained. Her second week, she stayed in a newer 2 bdrm and loved it! What a difference!

and thank you for the link to bidding for travel, alohamom:)

Lots of reading to do! Sheryl certainly has EVERYTHING laid out very well!!:)

Timon...did your sister just asked to be moved to another unit? Or did she request a newer unit in her bid??? I have read about others "stuck" in an older unit, with the same issues as you sister had...?

Did any of you use a VISA? Or did you have to use an AMEX?

Thanks all!!
:sunny:

mbb,

My sister and I bid on two different auctions and that's just where they put us. I have heard before on these boards that the villa you are assigned to is already determined based on the person whose auction you won. Not sure how accurate that is but it makes sense!

I believe we used visa for the skyauction and our MC for priceline.

I've used skyauction too & I'd use them again for sure.

The only mistake I made with them was the "per night" thing when they add the extra $32.00 per night tax, it was still a good deal but not a "great" deal anymore.

So in the future I would book it as packages or with the Ready, Set, Bid auctions.

What do you put in for address for priceline, it only shown US states, no province.

Thanks

I put in my home adress in the right spot then for a state California(ca), and my zip is 11111. You are just going to print off the confirmation anyway so no adress is needed.

That is what I do too. There is actually a drop down for state so I always pick CA (abbr for california) and then use 90210 as my "zip". The first time I did that I was laughing to myself and a little nervous, but if you look at www.biddingfortravel.com in the FAQs for non U.S. residents you will see they suggest doing this. So far, so good for me, I have never encountered any problems and I linked my amex card with airmiles here in Canada so I get a few points along with the deal! I was actually suprised last Dec how familiar the Hilton staff were with how a Priceline reservation works, they must get a lot. I have never been spoken down to or treated like I was inferior at check in either. Good luck, you can really get great deals this way.:wave2:

I've also used priceline and used Mastercard. I just use California as the State and 99999 as the Zip Code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!