Anybody have trouble getting correct OBC?

dsnygirl2006

DIS Veteran
I rebooked onboard last year and used DU as my travel agency and have $200 with them, I called Disney and they are telling me its all thru my TA and to contact them? I am also supposed to have $200 thru Disney? Can anybody help me figure out how to find out what my OBC is?

Your TA is the only one who can help you. When you use a TA, ALL financial inquiries must go thru them. DCL isn't telling you that you don't have an OBC from them; they are telling you that they can't discuss it with you--you must discuss it with your TA.

Your TA's paperwork from Disney will show the OBC from DCL. It should also show the OBC from the TA when they apply that to your account. When you board the ship, you should have a card in your cabin showing each of the OBCs separately. If there is any question at that time, contact Guest Services and they can communicate with shoreside services and verify it.

A good way to think about it is that your travel agency is the one who "owns" the reservation, so DCL will talk to them, not you. You have to ask your TA for reservations, changes, refunds, deposits, etc. (A very good reason to book with DCL directly if you're comfortable with the Disney cruises).

But, a good TA will be the next best thing to talking to Disney directly. Just pick up the phone and give them a call, you'll have your answer immediately, and can talk over any other concerns/questions you might have. If you want changes, you'll have to wait for them to call DCL then call you back. That's of course a slight inconvenience (you phone them instead of DCL directly); TAs try to make up for that with a larger OBC than Disney offers, plus if you're a neophyte in using Disney you have someone to talk to who can give you informed advice as to your options and ways to save money.

kcashner said:
Your TA is the only one who can help you. When you use a TA, ALL financial inquiries must go thru them. DCL isn't telling you that you don't have an OBC from them; they are telling you that they can't discuss it with you--you must discuss it with your TA.

Your TA's paperwork from Disney will show the OBC from DCL. It should also show the OBC from the TA when they apply that to your account. When you board the ship, you should have a card in your cabin showing each of the OBCs separately. If there is any question at that time, contact Guest Services and they can communicate with shoreside services and verify it.

Ok thank you soooo much I was getting worried when they told me that, makes me feel much better, I have contacted my TA so I'm waiting to hear back. Thanks again!!!

I rebooked onboard last year and used DU as my travel agency and have $200 with them, I called Disney and they are telling me its all thru my TA and to contact them? I am also supposed to have $200 thru Disney? Can anybody help me figure out how to find out what my OBC is?

We did a Med cruise in the summer of 2011 and had a $200 rebooking OBC from DCL plus a $200 credit from DU - both were applied to our account once we set sail. No problems. :thumbsup2 Your TA should be able to confirm what you have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter