Anybody got any info on finding "flight only" seats please?

diberry

DIS Veteran
For the past couple of years we've got the "40% off + free dining" offer from Disney and booked our flights separately. Our usual route is not flying next year so I was wondering if anyone can give me some info on how to go about finding "flight only" please?

What route are you looking for??
Do you want direct / indirect flights??

When we were looking for flights we used expedia, opoda and also very time consuming but check direct with the airlines too.

Travel supermarket also has flight only option. But to be honest I always found the airlines themselves had the cheaper option but we do want to fly direct !!

Good points!
My DH dislikes flying so direct flights are the best option for us (though probably more expensive!)
We want East Midlands Airport but they don't seem to be flying to Orlando next year as far as we can find out. So Birmingham would be the next nearest I think.
I was being lazy and hoping there was an easy way but if I have to check with all the individual airlines I will. Only Thomson seem to have dates for August 2011 so far. They want £1437.96 for 2 adults. Do you think we'd find cheaper alternatives?

Try www.kayak.co.uk. It's basically a price comparison site for flights (and other travel bits), but it does save you trawling across the airlines and travel websites. You can set up a search so it emails every date with up to date flight costs. It's a good starting point at least.

Saying that, you won't be able to book flight only on the scheduled carriers until August this year as they only release flights about 360 days before the actual flight departs (so bear in mind this will be your return flight).

The price you have is not massively expensive for August given what some are having to pay this year, but you may find similar prices with eg BA or Virgin.

Good luck with your hunt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter