Anybody getting paczkis for Paczki Day this week?

Dan Murphy

We are family.
I think we are getting a dozen from our local Spunky Dunkers. It's good it only comes once a year.

delightful-paczki-5-56a279f63df78cf772767ece_zpsmdikdggp.jpg

Definitely. Some of our local bakeries are offering paczki filled with cannoli cream. Yes, please!

Oooo! Thanks for reminding me. I think one of our local bakeries sells these.

The only place around here I can get them is Meijers. Not sure how authentic they are, but they taste wonderful!

Someone in our office just brought a couple dozen in today - I'm avoiding them as much as possible (dieting).

I'm from Michigan. Like there's a choice.

I'm sure there will be paczki in many places for me to take advantage of (DH will probably bring some home), but I usually don't take initiative to go to any one of the well known sites and buy them myself.

I recently saw an image of a paczki version with cannoli filling. That would be awesome.

I'd never heard of them until I moved to Chicago, and they look good, but truthfully I'm not a fan of anything with (any) filling. :duck:

Edited: cream to any.

Last edited:
I wish I could get them around here! I've always wanted to try them.

Considering I live in Pulaski, WI which is the ultimate Polish town (named after Polish war hero, Casimir Pulaski) and we have a local bakery that is featured on the news every year on Paczki day...of course! They have every filling imaginable. People come from all over the area for them from our bakery, which is actually kind of funny because they sell them EVERY day. We love our paczkis!

http://www.smurawabakery.com/polish-specialties
http://www.smurawabakery.com/paczki-day

eta: my fave are the raspberry filled and the lemon filled. yum!

Last edited:
Most of the ones I see around us are fruit filled, not cream. More like a jelly donut.

Yep, I never heard of creme filled ones until I was an adult. I grew up in a Polish neighborhood in Philly and they were available year round, not just for Fat Tuesday, Mostly plain (not filled) for year round. Several bakeries in the neighborhood sold them and my grandmother made them occasionally.

Supermarkets usually have them where I am now. Either raspberry, lemon, apple, or Bavarian creme.

By the way, Punchkey Day in Poland was yesterday, according to this article.

http://culture.pl/en/article/fat-thursday-polands-tastiest-tradition

We already ate ours. It was like Fat Tuesday, fat Wednesday, fat Thursday....

I saw these yesterday in Publix. I had no idea what they were. I thought they were overpriced doughnuts because they did not show all that scrumptious filling. So now I will run to Publix to tr these. I just hope they have rasburry filling. I can always start my diet on Monday

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter