anybody else downloaded itunes version 11

Brumeiser

Total Disney Nut
If you have the option I would check it out first before you downloaded it. I hate it. I can not go back to the begging to get podcast and all that is out there. Plus now I can't load nothing onto my Ipod touch except this week show. I gave apple a nasty email wanting to know how to convert backwards because now I am stuck at work tonight with no pocast except the 3 from this week to listen to. Thanks apple. :confused3

I've had issues with various podcasts over the years. I find, if I unsubscribe, delete all the shows, then resubscribe it's generally fine. Are you just having issues with the Disunplugged or other shows as well?

Get rid of Apple's podcast app. It is awful. Check out some of the other podcast apps. I've had good luck with podcruncher.

showers2flowers said:
Get rid of Apple's podcast app. It is awful. Check out some of the other podcast apps. I've had good luck with podcruncher.

Why do you use an app? What are the benefits of using an app over using the iPod app on my iPhone?

Honestly, It's a lot better and cleaner; but the UI is so different it is going to throw many people off - check out this lifehacker post that shows you how to change the UI back: How to Use iTunes 11 (W/F/S)

I cried after I downloaded it on my computer. Since I use an older ipod I don't have app issues, but man trying to find things is crazy. Not mention updating my podcasts.

Same here! It's been awful, I'm having a hard time finding how to download the newest podcasts. I've gotten it done, but it's been a mess.

Honestly, It's a lot better and cleaner; but the UI is so different it is going to throw many people off - check out this lifehacker post that shows you how to change the UI back: How to Use iTunes 11 (W/F/S)

Thanks, I'll try that when I'm back on my home computer.

Have not liked it so far. And it does strange things with the podcasts.I don't have it download them automatically, but they will mysteriously download anyways...but ones I've downloaded will disappear and have to be downloaded again

I'm surprised to hear the negative comments on here as
It generally got good reviews in the media (WSJ, tech magazines)...

I'm surprised to hear the negative comments on here as
It generally got good reviews in the media (WSJ, tech magazines)...

Aside from the podcast download problems I've seen (which is what I mostly use it for), I made heavy use of the slider bar in the mini-player, which is gone (I haven't looked into changing the UI as mentioned above yet).

I really dislike these forced updates that someone else dictates what a "better" UI is to me.

I don't like the new iTunes or the Apple podcast app either. I'm trying a podcast app called Downcast, and so far it's been working pretty well.

Yeah I've got it. I'm not a fan.

But then I'm a creature of habit and when something changes as drastically as the new Itunes has changed it's very annoying.

I'm a PC user and downloaded the new version of iTunes when it asked me to update it. I was expecting only a few changes like another time they update. This version is really bad. In windows the window it opens is bigger then the screen, I can't display the album art the way it used to be displayed and when I leave the podcast playlist to go to another it takes me to the top of the page, and there is no stop button for the player.

OK, I was confused by how podcasts are handled...it definitely has changed.

It appeared that podcasts were automatically downloading even though I've got it set otherwise. However, I don't believe they are downloading, but iTunes now has the option of playing while downloading (basically, streaming), so they appear as available to play even though you didn't download them. But you can still download via the "download" icon next to the name of each.

THAT's probably why I thought podcasts were downloading and disappearing...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter