Anybody catch the new Eagles documentary?

cabanafrau

DIS Veteran
There is a new documentary playing on Showtime about the History of the Eagles (band). DH and I saw the beginning over the weekend and we DVRd and have been working our way through both parts. It's pretty cool and we really enjoyed it, even though we were more casual fans of the group back in the day, not super fans.

Hearing all of that really good music again and finding out some of the details behind how the songs were written was interesting. I'd recommend it to anybody who likes or loves their music.

If we had the time or budget for it I'd be looking to take DH to Vegas next month for their 40th anniversary show to celebrate his big five-oh.

No - we don't have Showtime, but it's shows like this that make me sometimes wish we did. I love the Eagles - they have so many great songs!

I don't care much for the Eagles but I'm very familiar with their work. I watched the documentary and found it quite enjoyable. It's a great study of the inner workings of a band.:)

Do you know if it is on demand. I missed it.

I think they are still showing it in rotation. Not sure if this one is there, but Showtime on Demand usually has a selection of documentaries offered.

It was just a weird coincidence we actually sat down right before it started, got hooked in & decided to hit record. Like I said, we enjoy their music but neither one of us had ever seen them in concert and I think between us the only album we owned was Hotel California, not exactly rabid fans. For some reason we just enjoyed this show, great blast from the past.

My husband and I stumbled upon it last weekend. Watched part one on Friday night. My husband went into his office Saturday morning to catch up on some paper work and when he got home he handed me 2 tickets to see the Eagles on March 23rd in VEGAS!!! We are both huge Eagles fans and I have never seen them live. Hubby said I can now cross that off my bucket list! So we are off to Vegas on March 22nd through March 26th! I am beyond excited! :cool1: :banana: :thumbsup2

My husband and I stumbled upon it last weekend. Watched part one on Friday night. My husband went into his office Saturday morning to catch up on some paper work and when he got home he handed me 2 tickets to see the Eagles on March 23rd in VEGAS!!! We are both huge Eagles fans and I have never seen them live. Hubby said I can now cross that off my bucket list! So we are off to Vegas on March 22nd through March 26th! I am beyond excited! :cool1: :banana: :thumbsup2

That's just mean, mean I tell you.

Have a great time.

I saw most of it the other day. Very good.

Oh and congrats to you for the LIVE show!!! So jealous...Vegas is my bucket list too.

Love the Eagles! Saw them back in the 70's, at the old Comisky Park in Chicago. My friends wanted to leave early to beat the traffic and using a certain back exit we ended up happening upon a large limo waiting for them, and spent some time talking to their limo driver. No one else was around that exit and I wanted so badly to wait and try and see them come out but my friends wouldn't! I don't even know those people anymore. ;)

I'd really love to see the documentary (have been seeing it touted on their Facebook page) but as I don't have Showtime I'll have to hope it shows up on Netflix or something eventually.

I watched it last week. I found it fascinating. I am originally from Cleveland so I grew up a big Joe Walsh fan, and I thought it was very touching how he credited Don Felder, Glenn Frey and Don Henley with saving his life by convincing him to get into rehab. I think it was sad that Frey and Felder could not work out their differences, but it is what it is. They both seemed very open about it. The last shot of Don Felder, you could really tell he was upset about not being in the band any more.

Do you know if it is on demand. I missed it.

We watched it On Demand.

I watched it last week. I found it fascinating. I am originally from Cleveland so I grew up a big Joe Walsh fan, and I thought it was very touching how he credited Don Felder, Glenn Frey and Don Henley with saving his life by convincing him to get into rehab. I think it was sad that Frey and Felder could not work out their differences, but it is what it is. They both seemed very open about it. The last shot of Don Felder, you could really tell he was upset about not being in the band any more.

I agree it was super touching what Joe Walsh said about those guys, the brotherhood they formed. LOVED his brick suit for the Rock Roll Hall of Fame Induction.

It was sad to see Felder get choked up.

Great, great music!!! Love Don Henley's voice.

DS15 loved it and watched it with us, that was great to share with him.

What a great documentary, and I have to credit all of the Eagles, past and present, for being so open and forthcoming, even when talking about things that weren't very flattering. It was a real education in the life of a major band, from the creation, to the money, the songwriting, the problems. Fascinating stuff.

I liked a lot of their stuff, had some singles, but never bought an album or saw them in concert. I was only vaguely aware of all the personnel changes, so that was really interesting for me. It made me appreciate their music a lot more. And I never realized what a terrific live band they are. Now I need to see them in concert. :)

My son goes to Univ. of North Texas and is housed in Bruce Hall where Don Henley and Norah Jones lived when they were students. The students like to think that Henley based "Hotel California" on Bruce Hall...as if!

Dh & I have always been great fans of the eagles- saw them for the first time in 1995 when we first started dating have seen them twice since- will always try to see them when they come to FL. Wish I could get to the 40th anniversary in LV!

Dh told me about the documentary the week before and I ordered showtime for just that reason! Its a special of $6.95 a month- so I am cancelling it mid-march but that gives us a chance to watch it a few more times- I just love how much of the music they put in there.

I've always been a huge Don Henley fan-saw him as a solo artist and he's just great- but was really amazed by Joe's talent the last time I saw them a few years back in Orlando. I loved his humbleness in giving the guys credit for his soberness and the way they all were quite frank about their faults and talents. :thumbsup2

Love Love Love the Eagles!!

The documentary on Showtime was amazing.
So excited to hear about the "History of the Eagles Tour" and that its coming to Summerfest!

http://www.eaglesband.com/events

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I watched it last week. Loved the documentary. Man, it made me wistful for the early to mid-70s. Those were good times.:)

I was never a big Eagles fan. I mean, I liked everything they put out, but never got obsessed with them like I did with other groups. I think they just weren't "head banging" enough for me. I enjoyed the documentary so much, I think I'm going to get tickets for their July 22 Washington DC show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter