Anybody Been To Disneyland?

PigSoldier

to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand wav
I'm going for the first time ever in a couple of months, I really can't wait! It's going to be so great to be in a park with so much history, and do all the things I've always wanted to, like the Matterhorn, and Alice in Wonderland.

Has anyone got an advice- things I shouldn't miss or should look out for, or experiences to share, to psyche me up even more for it! :teeth:

keep in mind, the park is smaller and seems crowded. Oh, and there is currently a lot of construction going on in the park.

It's really cool there. Pirates and Haunted Mansion are so much better in Disneyland.

YES!! I recently just got back from my first trip to Disneyland, and let me say I had a great time!!! I'd definitely do the Matterhorn and some of the Fantasyland rides that aren't in WDW. Maybe you could see the Snow White musical- I didn't personally see it (we were only there for a couple of days and didn't really do any shows), but we caught a little bit of it while we were waiting for the train. California Adventure is also a lot of fun! I'd go see Soarin' Over California- it was amazing!!! I hope you have an awesome time when you go!!!

Oh yes, I'd definitely agree about Pirates being better in Disneyland. I really can't comment on the Haunted Mansion because when we were there they still had the holiday one.

Like the other two people have said, do the Matterhorn.
So here's my list of what to do that's just different and what's not even in WDW :

What's different -
Pirates
Haunted Mansion
(i think) Splash Mountain
Mad Tea Party (uncovered)
Space Mountain (has music too)

What's ONLY there -
Alice in Wonderland
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride ( :Pinkbounc )
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
INDIANA JONES!!! :cool1: :banana: :bounce: :jumping1: :thewave:

And like EVERYTHING in California Adventure.

Hope this helps a bit

DL is the classic of course, and although Tomorrowland is cluttered and looks in a state of disrepair, it's all still fun. I went in March 2004, and that was my fifth trip, I've been going just about every 3-4 years since I was 2 and a half. Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite rides, and I still make my parents and whoever is with me stand in line, even if it takes an hour just to get on, it's worth it! Next month I'm going to WDW, and when I'm there I always feel just a little sad that they don't have Alice, IJ, or the Matterhorn. But even though there isn't much in Tomorrowland but Space Mountain, you'll still have fun. :teeth:

IMO they aren't even comparable.

DL almost reminds me of six flags because it's soooooo crowded and dirty (from what I remember). Matterhorn is amazing though; one of my best disney memories is riding it for the first time and seeing the ENTIRE park underneath me. Awesome.

WDW is enormous, spacious, less crowded (although still pretty crowded...). Everything is clean, everybody is smiling, and there's way more grass/trees/flowers, and not a single dead leaf of blade of grass anywhere. Happiest place on earth :)

Hey there!
I have been to Disneyland many many times. I find that if I work counter clockwise, it is pretty efficient. Starting with Indiana Jones, some may differ. You decide your route ^o^ Also, if you are going to attend both parks, then you'd might as well look into the season pass. you get a year of entry into both parks, discounts and i think free parking. Anyways, in the park - YOU MUST TRY THE INDIANA JONES RIDE!!! The classics are all a must (POTC, HM, etc.) If "Believe" is showing, you must stay up for that one - awesome fireworks show! Hope you have a good time!!!!!!

M.M. :wave:

P.S. ~ Don't forget about FastPass!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!