Anybody been at PO-FQ lately?

kgkmom

Mouseketeer
Has anyone stayed at PO-FQ since it re-opened? I'm planning a trip in October, and was wondering if anything is different-any refurb or change in service?

Thanks!

Sarah

There is a couple of posts out there about PO-FQ. Not many people on this board must of stayed there. I am here to say that I will be there in 4 days. Staying for 5 nights and then over to WL for 4 nights. When I get back I will post all of the details. I have been asking since it opened but have only got a couple of responses.... corvair

Corvair,

I am going with my 10 year old in October. We stayed at POR last year, but I am thinking about doing POFQ this year. She and I are interested in: the pool area (particularly the slide), the bus service (do you go thru Riverside after FQ or before or neither), the food court (do they have pasta and a microwave to warm up food), and the general store (Riverside sold cold individual cans of beer for $1.75, I really enjoyed having one at night after a long day at the parks!). We had a wonderful time last year, and are really looking forward to our next trip! I hope you have great weather and a great time!

Anne60-my 9 year old DD and I will be there in October, too! My cousin is getting married the last weekend, so my folks, DD and I are taking a trip. Leaving hubby behind! He's not much of a flyer, and, I can't believe I'm saying this but, doesn't like Disney! If I'd only known this before we married. ;)

Can't wait to hear from corvair to see if PO-FQ is the one to stay at. I think my folks will like the peacefullness of the resort. We might actually split our stay. My folks will probably only go for 3-4 days, so my DD and I might do the second half of our trip at an All-Stars to save some $. We also want to do the MNSSHP when we're there-sounds like fun!

I'm in RI, where in MA are you? You can ballpark if you don't want to reveal towns. I always say Providence, because basically everyone knows Providence!

Sarah in RI

I am from Southern Worcester county, not far from RI (and Wright's Chicken Farm!). You will have a blast w/your daughter. We did this last year, and I am going to try to make it an annual event. My DD is the youngest of 3 and has spent a lot of her life being dragged to the olders' events (and being bossed around). It was great to have some one on one time together, especially in a magical place!

My DD and I went last year, just the two of us, and had an absolute blast. We went in August last year for her birthday, and I was scratching my head trying to figure out how to get back there again this year, when my cousin announced his engagement. He and his fiancee are CM's, and they live about 20 minutes outside Orlando.

I loved going, just us girls, because we have very similar tastes in everything-both love thrill rides, eat the same foods, keep the same hours-where my husband is nearly the opposite of us on all of those things.

Have you been to WDW in October before? How's the weather? We've gone in April, August and November. Never again in April (crowds), August was fine (just hot) and November was great, even though there were quite a few attractions closed for rehab. I'm really looking forward to the trip. I'm thinking of buying an AP to get the deep discounts on the resorts.

My best friend from college grew up in Webster, and I've spent many, many hours making the trip up 146 from RI to Webster to visit her family.

Thanks for replying! Maybe closer to October, we can compare notes again!

Sarah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter