Any way to talk to a dancer on board

TheWescotts

Mouseketeer
Both of my DDs are in competitive dance. The older one (7) has an ambition of being a dancer on Disney Cruise Line.

Does anyone know of a way, and what we could do, to get just 10 or 15 minutes of talking with one of the dancers from the shows. It would mean so much to her if we could surprise her with it.

Both of my DDs are in competitive dance. The older one (7) has an ambition of being a dancer on Disney Cruise Line.

Does anyone know of a way, and what we could do, to get just 10 or 15 minutes of talking with one of the dancers from the shows. It would mean so much to her if we could surprise her with it.

I think there is a good chance of pulling that off. Ask to speak to the stage manager for the Walt Disney Theatre; you can leave a note to the stage manager with guest services. Explain your request in the note, and I would bet he or she will call your stateroom to organize a meeting.

Not totally sure but many of these performers do double duty around the ship. We knew someone in the cast (singer/performer) and we also saw him around the ship. He ended up being our leader for our safety drill section and he was also a "handler" for a character or two (ie the person telling the next person in line they can go see the character and who often took pictures with personal cameras when requested).

You can always check with Guest Services to see if there is a dancer that could talk with them.

My DD12 also wants to dance for DCL one day. On our last cruise we spoke with a couple of the headline performers when they were character assistants at M&Gs when it wasn't busy. The girl who plays the sister in Wishes spoke with her about the training she did when growing up, and assured her that you don't have to sing well to be a dancer for DCL. She gave her encouragement and stressed to stick with ballet.

I'll bet a ton of little girls on board dance and probably half of them (mine included) want to grow up to be dancers. I also bet they'd all love the chance to dance with one of the dancers at a kids club activity! :dance3: I know mine would. And no, Do-Si-Do with Snow White does NOT count.

We saw many of the performers on the Fantasy in the Tube several different evenings. At the very least I would think you could strike up a conversation with them there.

I forget if it was Holland America or Princess but we went on a behind the scenes backstage tour of the dressing rooms, sets, costumes, etc and got to do a Q and A with some of the performers. Does DCL offer something like that on the newer ships or the 7 day iteneraries?

We saw many of the performers on the Fantasy in the Tube several different evenings. At the very least I would think you could strike up a conversation with them there.

On our Wonder MR cruises we often ran into the stage performers at Promenade Lounge late (after the last show). And on our TA cruise we had a "backstage" tour in the WDT one day. Really just a few of the cast answering questions and we could go up on the stage where they had a few of the costumes and sets out for us to see.

On HAL, we did a backstage tour that took us through the dressing areas and costume area.

I forget if it was Holland America or Princess but we went on a behind the scenes backstage tour of the dressing rooms, sets, costumes, etc and got to do a Q and A with some of the performers. Does DCL offer something like that on the newer ships or the 7 day iteneraries?

Would like to know this as well.

Aggiefan:

We took a similar tour on Carnival a year and a half ago where we spent quite a bit of time talking with an entertainer and touring the stage/dressing/costume areas, but I've never seen DCL announce any similar tour. If they do one, we'll be there with bells on...

See you on the Wonder in September!

Rich from California

We have done a BTS theater tour on the Magic, but nothing has been offered on either Fantasy cruise we have done.

We have done a BTS theater tour on the Magic, but nothing has been offered on either Fantasy cruise we have done.

That's a bummer. We sail in six weeks on the Fantasy. My DD12 just played Glinda in the kids version of Wicked.

Aggiefan:

We took a similar tour on Carnival a year and a half ago where we spent quite a bit of time talking with an entertainer and touring the stage/dressing/costume areas, but I've never seen DCL announce any similar tour. If they do one, we'll be there with bells on...

See you on the Wonder in September!

Rich from California

Have been twice in the Carn back stage dressing rooms as I participated in their Legends show. This last time, my hun was Ricky Martin and my friend was Aretha Franklin so 3 of us got to be back there together. We've seen the show a bunch now and I hope its my last time in that particular show, but it was neat. They have costumes and rehearsals for you and everything.

I noticed while we were waiting in the wings for our segments that the dancers were always practicing, always going over steps. They were very hard workers and I'm not sure they completely get the credit they deserve...altho I did give one a dirty look on my last performance because they told me to dance on the star and move around so its not a boring performance, so I did, but I was still on my star, and my hand thwapped right into one of the dancers. It was a diva moment I suppose.

That's a bummer. We sail in six weeks on the Fantasy. My DD12 just played Glinda in the kids version of Wicked.

When they did the BTS tours it was just for guests 18 and older. The same age restriction is in place for the current galley tour.

Some of the dancers and artist are the characters or the CM helping the characters.

I have been amazed at what my son has gotten on our Cruises by submitting a letter at the pursers desk. He got us a tour of the bridge when they do not do bridge tours just by sending a letter to the Ship Capitan and asking. The tour was in port by the second mate. He got a back stage tour buy sending a letter to Micky Mouse. The tour was by one of the performers. I have always told my son, you do not know what you can get unless you ask.

I would have your daughters submit a letter to "the show dancers". Just have them write it and leave it at the pursers desk. pixiedust:

We did a behind the scenes Back Stage Tour and they had a couple of performers for the question and answer period. It was very interesting. The answer that sticks out most for me was to the question of dancing during big waves. The performers are expecting the floor to be there when they land but the ship is pitching down, or they hit the floor sooner because the deck is pitching up. And instead of landing with their feet together, they have them spread out to keep their balance for when the floor isn't there when they expect it.

Thanks for the suggestions all. We are doing a 5 night with 2 days at sea, so perhaps there will be a BST.

We will try the submitting a letter at guest services and see what happens, or tracking down Brent if we get the chance...Love Brent!!!

That all sounds so cool, I would have loved to have met a Disney dancer when I was young.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter