Any typical and budget cost Chinese takeout offsite but not too far

There’s Pei Wei and Panda Express in Celebration.

There are Asian Fusion restaurants not too far off property. It’s difficult to find restaurants with good, traditional Chinese dishes close to WDW.

My DD has found a decent one in the Davenport area not far from her home. On a bad day though, it can take an hour to get from WDW property to Davenport on I4.

There’s Pei Wei and Panda Express in Celebration.

There are Asian Fusion restaurants not too far off property. It’s difficult to find restaurants with good, traditional Chinese dishes close to WDW.

My DD has found a decent one in the Davenport area not far from her home. On a bad day though, it can take an hour to get from WDW property to Davenport on I4.
Actually, and yes this will sound nuts unless some out there understand, I am orig from NYC and haven't had that type of Chinese for a while (and miss it). We prefer something that looks more low class and greasy (yes I AM serious) along the lines of a Brooklyn or Bronx take out dive with loads of MSG, paper take out menus and bulletproof glass for security. Anyone know what I'm talking about and know such a place nearby?

Actually, and yes this will sound nuts unless some out there understand, I am orig from NYC and haven't had that type of Chinese for a while (and miss it). We prefer something that looks more low class and greasy (yes I AM serious) along the lines of a Brooklyn or Bronx take out dive with loads of MSG, paper take out menus and bulletproof glass for security. Anyone know what I'm talking about and know such a place nearby?
Ok; that description fits the places on Colonial Drive in Orlando. There’s even a restaurant named “Ni Hao” with paper menus. :)

Nothing like that close to Disney property.

Just hop on Rt. 192. I'm dead serious when I say there's a Chinese place literally every block, sometimes there are multiples. We found two places we like... Ichiban and Hakkaido.

Ok; that description fits the places on Colonial Drive in Orlando. There’s even a restaurant named “Ni Hao” with paper menus. :)

Nothing like that close to Disney property.
Now yer talkin! Got an address? (I'd ask for a website, but the kind of place we want would never have a website : )

We like Ichiban too. It's a buffet, but I'm sure you could place a "to go" order if you want. It's located at 5269 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34746. (They also have a location on International Drive but it's a bit further than where you'll be).

Both those names appear to be Japanese.
They are. That’s why it’s difficult for me to direct someone to a Japanese-named restaurant for Chinese food. Most of DD’s friends go to Ichiban for the sushi.

@Pluto777 - Colonial Drive is quite far from Disney property. It is the “Chinatown” area of Orlando - the main shopping center has the red lacquered arch that’s similar to the ones in San Francisco and Vancouver.

They are. That’s why it’s difficult for me to direct someone to a Japanese-named restaurant for Chinese food. Most of DD’s friends go to Ichiban for the sushi.

@Pluto777 - Colonial Drive is quite far from Disney property. It is the “Chinatown” area of Orlando - the main shopping center has the red lacquered arch that’s similar to the ones in San Francisco and Vancouver.

Yes, they have sushi, but I don't eat it. My tastes are ridiculously simple...egg rolls, wonton, ribs, all the things you'd see in a Chinese buffet...so I'm in heaven. I make sure to eat light all day before we go to save room.

I know it's not Chinese, but another local restaurant we found is called 33 and Melt. If you like grilled cheese, you'll love it. They make all kinds of things based on grilled cheese, my favorite is pulled pork. Now I'm hungry just thinking about it. :D

Thx. How far is "far"? You have an address I can google map?

I use Yelp when we travel and assess the reviews. When we were in Maui last year, Yelp was spot on for all the local Hawaiian foodie spots.

Here’s a couple from Yelp.
Tasty Wok
1246 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32803 (Chinatown area)

Ni Hao
16857 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32820 (closer to Altamonte Springs)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter