Any Thoughts or Opinions? Update Page 3, Post # 41

I don't know...I just think all those things are highly unlikely. I'm young (only 22) and healthy otherwise, never get sick...I'm just seriously klutzy and have injured my ankles too many times to count, starting in the fourth grade. I just figure it's related to my repeated injuries, like a stress type thing.

The last time I had symptoms that I and my mom thought were serious, (totally unrelated to this), back in 2009 I went to the doc, had a whole battery of tests done and ABSOLUTELY nothing was wrong, he chalked it all up to stress that time.

I've been really busy and my job has me on my feet a lot, plus I walk all over campus at school and park in a parking lot far away from the academic buildings I use.

My family has a flight to Pittsburgh tomorrow and I just don't have time at the moment. Maybe when I get back if it's still an issue I'll pursue something...

Good luck! I hope it turns out to be nothing serious. I was 19 when I developed a blood clot in my arm. I was otherwise completely healthy, no documented illness that would contribute to the clot, no birth control pills, no other symptoms, nothing at all that would explain it. It was just one of those freak things. Thankfully, I didn't lose my arm - or my life - but apparently it was iffy for a while there.

Personally there's no way I'd get on a plane if I was already exhibiting symptoms of possible blood clots. They are too dangerous to mess around with and I'd want the peace of mind that a clean bill of health from a doctor would give me.

So you ask for thoughts on a medical condition that is obviously concerning you, and everyone said to call your Doctor because this should not be happening. Instead you are going to get on a plane and go on vacation. Why even bother asking? :confused3

I think someone just needs a little attention today. This is the kind of thing I see on facebook.

Yes. I was 25 when I developed a blood clot in my lung...and they never figured out why. I was a perfectly healthy 25 year old....

I don't know...I just think all those things are highly unlikely. I'm young (only 22) and healthy otherwise, never get sick...I'm just seriously klutzy and have injured my ankles too many times to count, starting in the fourth grade. I just figure it's related to my repeated injuries, like a stress type thing.

The last time I had symptoms that I and my mom thought were serious, (totally unrelated to this), back in 2009 I went to the doc, had a whole battery of tests done and ABSOLUTELY nothing was wrong, he chalked it all up to stress that time.

I've been really busy and my job has me on my feet a lot, plus I walk all over campus at school and park in a parking lot far away from the academic buildings I use.

My family has a flight to Pittsburgh tomorrow and I just don't have time at the moment. Maybe when I get back if it's still an issue I'll pursue something...

I definitely wouldn't fly without getting this looked into. When I sprained my ankle back in September (a week before our WDW trip), my doctor was very concerned about me flying and immediately put me on baby aspirin as a precaution.

Please don't take any chances with your health.

Well, I'm back from my trip. Swelling did not get any worse with the flight, no new symptoms or anything other than some more bruising...just gonna wait it out for now, as it hasn't gotten any worse since this all first manifested itself.

You need to see a doctor. This could be heart related, kidney related, but most likely is vascular. Choosing to ignore it is well, not smart. Not a good idea at all. I am going to leave it at that. You asked for advice, and now you have it. Go to a doctor.

I also had a blood clot at 22, and a few months later another coworker of mine had one too. It is rare but does happen.

I would be worried though. Definitely go to the doc.

Well, I went to the health services center on campus today, saw the NP and was promptly brushed off, told I have nothing to worry about and that I'm trying to put two-and-two together and it's all in my head. I went there because I had intense pain in my feet/legs as I was driving to school this morning (to the point of tears!), the swelling has spread to my lower legs, bruising and numbness still there.

I'm going to my GP tomorrow but am now...admittedly worried. The pain is tough and the instructions my NP gave today (alternating pain relievers and ice/heat and elevating legs), don't seem to really be helping. I'm torn about rushing to a late night urgent care center tonight or the ER but don't want to look like a fool if it really is nothing to worry about. Help!

Well, I went to the health services center on campus today, saw the NP and was promptly brushed off, told I have nothing to worry about and that I'm trying to put two-and-two together and it's all in my head. I went there because I had intense pain in my feet/legs as I was driving to school this morning (to the point of tears!), the swelling has spread to my lower legs, bruising and numbness still there.

I'm going to my GP tomorrow but am now...admittedly worried. The pain is tough and the instructions my NP gave today (alternating pain relievers and ice/heat and elevating legs), don't seem to really be helping. I'm torn about rushing to a late night urgent care center tonight or the ER but don't want to look like a fool if it really is nothing to worry about. Help!

From what you're describing I'd take the chance of looking like a fool. I'd rather that than the alternative, which put you in serious danger. Although, no one at the ER will think you're a fool with your symptoms. And even if they did, who cares. You'll never see them again. I'd definitely go if I were in your position. What can it hurt, really?

ER...NOW...don't sleep on it, just go. If you were my daughter, I would be dragging you there myself; or nagging you until you went out of self-defense. If it turns out to be nothing, then good, but better safe than sorry.

Yes -- please go. Don't wait any longer especially since it seems the pain is now escalating. Anyone that makes you feel bad or dumb for coming in is a poor professional and I wouldn't hesitate to tell them so. Please update us and good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter