Any suggestions?

AFMom

DIS Veteran
A group of 14 of us are staying at the Super 8 on Disneyland Dr starting next week. We have a 7am PS at Goofy's Kitchen on Monday. My idea was to walk there, have breakfast and then catch the monorail to the parks when they open. However - it is a .7 mile walk from our hotel to the DL Hotel if you follow Disneyland DR. Has anyone ever stayed here? Anyone have an easier way to get there? Also - will we have any problems catching the DTD monorail even though we aren't hotel guests? When do the monorails start running if the park opens at 9am?
One last question - we have vouchers for our tickets, and obviously will have to trade them in at the ticket booths before we can ride the monorail. Is there a ticket booth close to the monorail that can trade in vouchers? Or should we send one person down during breakfast to trade them all in?
Any and all info would be apprecated!!!!

Anyone can ride the monorail from the DD station, but you will need your actual tickets because it will take you into the park in Tomorrowland. Not sure when they start running, but I'd say not much prior to park opening since they drop you off right in the park. Unfortunately there is no longer a ticket booth in DD. You'll have to walk down to the front gates to exchange the vouchers. Will you be arriving the night before? I'd say take a stroll over to DL and exchange the vouchers that night (as long as the park is still open), then you'll be ready to go in the morning. You could walk over to the parking lot and catch the tram to the front gate.

You can take the ART shuttle from your hotel to the DLR, if they are running that early in the morning, here's their website: http://www.anaheimresorttransit.com.

Anyone can ride the monorail, you do not have to be a DLR hotel guest. But you do need your actual park ticket, not the voucher. Your idea of sending someone to get the tickets during breakfast is probably best. You will have to go the main ticket booth, there isn't one in DTD anymore.

Thank you both. We're all getting there then night before - but not before the parks close.... bummer! I appreciate the info! Too bad that ticket booth isn't open anymore!

got2travel said:
Unfortunately there is no longer a ticket booth in DD.

Really? They closed that booth? What a bummer - I prefer that one to the main ticket booths.

According to a cast member whe I called today - the ticket booth at DTD is only open occasionally and no one knows the schedule. So it may be open sometimes and closed at others randonmly. Maybe we'll get lucky Monday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter