Any suggestions for Xmas please?

elisebutt

DIS Veteran
This will be my first ever Xmas without the kids as they are going to their Dad's this year, so Col and I are thinking of going away.
We can only go between 22nd and 27th so that cuts out expensive places like NY, plus with all the travel time it wouldn't be worth it.

Can anyone suggest anywhere really nice and up to £300 each?
I thought about Prague or Vienna but haven't a clue where to start really. Is DLP expensive over Xmas?

Hi Elise,

I don't really have any ideas, but DLP is quite expensive at Xmas.

As a guide 2 nights at Hotel Santa Fe is around £250 by ferry, £315 by Eurostar and £330 by plane (per adult). These do include unlimited entrance to the park though. These are for 20th - 31st December.

You could always take the Eurostar to Paris and go shopping or something there? Eurostar deals aren't the easiest to come across, but occasionally you can get a good deal. It's so easy and fast, so there will be little travel time involved.

HTH

Richard.

Prague sounds lovely - I think that Czech Airlines have started doing short breaks and they are quite reasonable - but not sure about Christmas.

I think as a rule most places are quite expensive at Christmas.

Cath:D

we are doing disney paris like this

tuesday 23rd...air france manchester to cdg 79 quid each return for lunch time flights and only 1 hour check in.this is less than thomas cook wanted to charge us each for a supplement to fly from manchester. could have made it cheaper by usiong easyjet but i havent got the will power to sort through there messy website, i dont want to go at 6 in the morning and end up, and i would like to get there at a time at least somewher near what it says on my ticket...Last August 2 hours late leaving almost 1 hour sat on a taxiway waiting for a gate at CDG.

4 nights at disney selected hotel kyriad booked through the active hotels site for 360 euros for the room NOT per person.

3 day passes for the 24th 25th 26th, on the 23rd will take dinner in the village and have fun in billy bobs or the like, 27th late relaxing breakfast in one of the nicer hotels.

oh and plenty of cash to treat ourselves to nice meals the entire time...i have already booked the hotel meals but cant book the park meals until 17th november.

may take in the lord of the dance thing as well

of course you have to buy your own park tkts but its still just over 300 per person at christmas.

..what about a cottage in the Lake District?! We did this a couple of years ago and it snowed!!! We had Xmas lunch at the local pub and walked up Wasdale Head to climb Scafell Pike (biggest mountain in England) on Boxing Day! We stayed here : http://www.hallflatfarm.co.uk/ and it was very pleasant. well within the budget you set, too! Mike:teeth:

I've just been looking at Alton Towers website and they have special hotel packages for Xmas, at £265 per adult and £155 per child for 2 nights. If you go to www.altontowers.com you will find some info and the number to 'phone.

HTH :D

Thanks for all the ideas guys, but have now had a total turnaround as Col wants to see his kids the weekend after Xmas and My mum and Dad want me to take Danny up to see them - Yeay - more pressies and Mum's cooking!!!!!!! For some reason I thought they were away this year - brainstorm I guess??

Anyway I have decided to treat Colin to a King-size Suite at Malmaison for New Years Eve in Birmingham - gorgeous rooms - and we get a separate living room, bathroom and shower room - cushty!!! I love boutique hotels even if they are a little pricey (£160/night) You just get treated so much nicer than when you're in a bog-standard chain. Did think about Hotel du Vin but £220/nt is just a tad too rich for me!!
Also booked a New Years Eve dinner at Shimla Pinks, but Col's getting that. Then off to the millenium point to see the New year in.

.. hiya! It's very convenient, just off the main drag through the hamlet/village of Santon Bridge (and pub!), not a pain to get to, but views of the mountains and close enough for easy access to them.

Mike:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter