Any suggestions for a NJ Shore Campground??

Winston1204

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if any of you have any suggestions for a good Campground anywhere on the Jersey Shore. It's just 2 Adults. We're just looking for anything close to the beach. If you've stayed somewhere and enjoyed it, I'd love some recommendations!! Thanks!!

It's been more years than I can think but our family has stayed at Ocean View Campground near Sea Isle City. My memories of it are fond. They ahve a web site. Check it out.

I like Seashore campsites near Cape May nice pull thrus and Cape May does not seem to draw the younger crowds and is more laid back.

We belong to Thousand Trails/Outdoor World. They have 2 campgrounds - Lake & Shore (outside Sea Isle City) and Sea Pines (closer to Wildwood) - that are very nice. However, they are membership campgrounds.

A friend of mine from work has a seasonal site at Seashore Campsites. Very near Cape May (the back side) and he says it's really nice.

I just happened upon this board about to post a question and thought I'd offer up a place, although I admit I've never stayed there. It's called the Sea Pirate outside of Long Beach Island. All I know about it is my in-laws have stayed there every year for at least 16 years, so to them at least, it's a nice place. There is a website, but you'd have to do a search for it. Good luck.

Seashore is nice there is a few in the wildwood area most of the beach area camp grounds are in south jersey central and northern don't have any that I know of I would google it you should be able to find some more just have to see if they take dogs also if this is a issue for you i know seashore will allow 2 dogs not sure on others

We stayed at the Ponderosa Campground in June. It is located in Avalon, NJ. It was basic but clean. If you are looking for a place to pitch a tent that has water and electricity, it's perfect. There is a pool, but we didn't use it. We spent all of our time at the beach and then the boardwalk at night. The kids had a great time.

I have to tell you that this place was my first camping experience, and I've only been one other time so I don't have a lot to compare it too!

We like to stay in the cape may area. we like big timber lake campground and holly shores. (both of these are close to not only the cape may beaches but also wildwood, stone habor and avalon....although, i don't know that you would want to visit avalon in the next few weeks...medical waste washing up on shore twice last weekend caused beach closing. EWWW:scared: )

we have sayed at buena vista (how could a diser resist that name) and liked the campsite and the pool, but the "seasonal" campers made us feel like unwelcome outsiders. we also stayed at Acorn campground but the facilities were subpar and the bugs were horrible!!! (lots of standing water and they didn't put down any sand or fill to try and soak it up, so lots of skeeters breeding.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter