Any Silver or new cruisers been able to book Remy?

branv

<font color=blue>The safety feature in my parents
I know we're still early yet, but since my cruise in May '11, I'm curious NOW ;) Have any silver CC members or new cruisers who are on the early Dream cruises, who have hit their booking dates, been able to score Remy (or Palo, or brunch)? I know the maiden voyagers were quite locked out, but hoping things at least eased a little for later cruises. Anyone? (Hoping to hear more than the echo of my own voice ;) )

I am silver and was able to book Remy's for the day and time I wanted to. I wasn't able to book Palo for brunch. Good luck.

We just booked for the March 17 sailing approx 2 weeks ago but didn't pay in full until today, with final payment due date of 1/1/11. So even though we are gold, we couldn't look at online availability until today, 80 days prior to sailing.
There were still Palo and Remy openings. Maybe b/c it's only a 3 nt cruise? We love Palo but really don't mind skipping it this time. We'd like to be able to see all 3 dining rooms and we'll try to do Palo next time.

We are Silver, on the 2/27 Dream. I logged in right at Midnight on the first day I could book. I was able to get a 7:40 PM ressie for Remy on day four. There were lots of other times available for all other days except day three, which had nothing left at all. The time that I got was all that was available on day four. Palo dinner was totally open, but there was no availablility for Palo Brunch or Tea. I have been checking back a couple of time a week on those, but so far, no luck. On four day cruises I expect that Brunch and Tea will be the hardest to score since they only have it one day and serve so few people. If you want a reservation for Remy, I would suggest trying to book at midnight on the first day you can, hopefully you will still see some good availability.

We just booked for the March 17 sailing approx 2 weeks ago but didn't pay in full until today, with final payment due date of 1/1/11. So even though we are gold, we couldn't look at online availability until today, 80 days prior to sailing.
There were still Palo and Remy openings. Maybe b/c it's only a 3 nt cruise?

We love Palo but really don't mind skipping it this time. We'd like to be able to see all 3 dining rooms and we'll try to do Palo next time.

We enjoy Palo as well and booked it for one night on our cruise in March on the Dream so we'll miss the rotation restaurant that evening as you indicated.

From what I've read, the rotation restaurants will be serving breakfast and/or lunch on specific days as they do now on the Magic and Wonder. We figured we'll select that missing one then to experience all 3 rotation restaurants and Palo as well.

Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise.

This thread is giving me hope! Thank you!

Melissa

I just booked Remy today for the March 24 sailing. All dates were open just the 7:00 and 7:20 times were booked. I checked on the availability for our March 20 trip and only the first night was available. Palo brunch was not available for either cruise. So we are doing Palo on the four night and then Remy on the three night. Both days that we are in the Bahamas. We are silver but I did not book as soon as it was open. Best of Luck but you should be able to get Remy.

We enjoy Palo as well and booked it for one night on our cruise in March on the Dream so we'll miss the rotation restaurant that evening as you indicated.

From what I've read, the rotation restaurants will be serving breakfast and/or lunch on specific days as they do now on the Magic and Wonder. We figured we'll select that missing one then to experience all 3 rotation restaurants and Palo as well.

Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise.

Wow, you have a good point there. I'm surprising dh as a birthday gift so I can't even get his opinion. I know he'd say do Palo. I was kind of hoping to not have to pack dressy clothes. (yes, I know I'm lazy sometimes.) We will be flying SWA so not a big deal to pack it.

I think I'll book it. I could always cancel later. I cancelled once mid-cruise on the Magic and they were so grateful that I stopped by to tell them. You'd have thought I gave them $100 bill. :goodvibes

Thanks everyone! Not feeling quite so much like it's a hopeless endeavor ;)

Wow, you have a good point there. I'm surprising dh as a birthday gift so I can't even get his opinion. I know he'd say do Palo. I was kind of hoping to not have to pack dressy clothes. (yes, I know I'm lazy sometimes.) We will be flying SWA so not a big deal to pack it.

I think I'll book it. I could always cancel later. I cancelled once mid-cruise on the Magic and they were so grateful that I stopped by to tell them. You'd have thought I gave them $100 bill. :goodvibes

If your husband would choose Palo then by all means book it. As you said, you can cancel but my guess is you won't have to.

As for clothes, they do not have to be "dressy" to go to Palo. For our March Palo I will wear black slacks, cream shell, and a black, red, and cream long sleeve blouse worn outside the shell which matches. Not dressy but appropriate for the occasion and comfortable.

Best wishes.

If your husband would choose Palo then by all means book it. As you said, you can cancel but my guess is you won't have to.

As for clothes, they do not have to be "dressy" to go to Palo. For our March Palo I will wear black slacks, cream shell, and a black, red, and cream long sleeve blouse worn outside the shell which matches. Not dressy but appropriate for the occasion and comfortable.

Best wishes.

I did book it. I questioned him a little how he felt about it, but told him for next Nov. cruise. (He must really think I'm nuts!) I explained that since there is no formal night like on the Magic, we wouldn't need our garment bag, etc.

He said he really likes Palo and please don't skip it.
There's my answer! lol! Gosh, men are so easy. :lmao:

I will def take your advice and eat in the dining room we miss for lunch or breakfast.

I'm so excited. Now if we could just fast fwd through the next 77 days til we fly south. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter