any reviews of Big River Grille & Brewing Works?

afsi3838

<font color=brown>Samantha Brown Rocks!<br><font c
thinking of having lunch here on our first day.....should i make a ps or change my mind? any help would be great. :hyper:

We talked about it in a post from two weeks ago. I had been there last year and it was a bit nicer than in early OCT. I asked if it was under new management as it seemed a little weathered. Food is okay for lunch. We just did burgers.

Do they take PS there? I didn't see it on the lists for making PS.

I am curious as to how the food is, too. Anyone out there ever eaten there? How is the Beer?

We ate there twice. Our late lunch was pretty good - we just had burgers and ate outside on the Boardwalk. Our dinner was terrible. The staff was rude, the food was still frozen in the middle and burned on the outside. They seated us at a table that had not been cleared. I might do a lunch again (but not if it was crowded), but not dinner.

Big River is the kind of place where you're fine if you stick with a burger and a beer. Other than that it's just so so. Truth be told, the food at ESPN is much better. If you were going to sit outside on the Boardwalk to take in the sights, it's worth it...otherwise head to ESPN.

Thanks for the Heads Up. I was thinking ESPN would be better, too. DH can always go there for a beer if he wants to; but will skip eating there; and go to ESPN instead.

had lunch there a couple of weeks ago. We all ordered salads with sliced chicken. Food was good, and we were able to sit out on the boardwalk, as it was a beautiful day. never had dinner there, but wouldn't hesitate to have lunch again. However...We didn't go inside. I have no idea what it even looks like in there!

enjoy!

Peggy Sue

To me, the beer isn't as good as at some other big river/rock bottom locations, but it is OK. So if you are a fan of your local big river, know that they might not have all the beers that you are used to - they tend to have "accessible" straight forward beers. It is OK. If I was at the boardwalk I'd stop in for one. The food is basic, it is just OK, but a fine place for a burger and a beer if you are in the neighborhood. To me, it is better than espn club - the beer is better, the atmosphere is better to me, but that is an individual thing.

DR

I agree about atmosphere. ESPN is just too loud/too many TVs for me sometimes.

I liked the restaurant for lunch. It was a beautiful day to sit on the boardwalk and the burgers were good. I had the red rocket ale which I also enjoyed.

David

For lunch it's fine--burgers are good, as is their meatloaf. Service is always spotty, and the place inside is nothing to write home about--eat outside on the Boardwalk, if you can.
D-R is right--the beers are pretty good and certainly better than the ordinary stuff at ESPN.

I think the food is better at Big River than at ESPN. ESPN is typical "bar food." Big River is a bit of a step up. I had the spinach dip and the meatloaf. Both were good. The meatloaf was really good. I also would recommend sitting outside and taking in the atmosphere of the BW.

thank you all for your suggestions and experiences. I think we'll make it part of our trip:tongue:

I thought the food merely adequate.....and they were out of the Pilsner beer which did not make me very happy. Had the 'Red' instead and it was fine.

Another vote for ESPN. Our first visit for dinner the service was awful and the place was dirty. On our last visit, the place was cleaner and food was basic. DH did enjoy trying the beer.

Maybe they are "listening " to our comments about Big River as we type and hopfully changes will be in the near future!

Big River was one of the worst meals we've had anywhere. And we're not that picky. Food was horrid i.e. mahi mahi not fully cooked,steak so tough it couldn't be cut with a steak knife,grilled meatloaf dry like cardboard. Service wsa equally poor. they couldn't even get a margarita right. All the adults in our party were fighting over the kids leftover mac n cheese,which was at least edible.

There are better options out there.

Another bad meal experience here. Same comments about poorly cooked food, uncleared table, crowded, poor service, etc.....

We are an evening meal there and spent over $100 for a family of 5. We didn't order anything but entrees and no alcohol.

Never again.......

We went there this January and really enjoyed ourselves. The food was great and the beer (we are veg and they have vegan beers) was fantastic! We are looking forward to this being our first meal after check-in in a few weeks!

It's a nice place to sit and people watch if you get a table outside. Order a beer and the cheese dip with tortilla chips - and maybe a burger. It would be GREAT if they had a way to make french fries, but since they can't fry food there, you just get chips as a side. :( But the beer is still pretty good! On a hot summer night it's a GREAT place to people watch!!!

I ate there back in 98 and had a club sandwhich in a tortilla wrap which was quite tasty.

Havn't had a chance to dine there since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter