Any pics or comments om All Star Music???

TandT

DIS Veteran
Anybody have any new pics of the All Star Music Resort??? We will be there from Sept 8-15. That's 14 days!!:cool1: We originally wanted POP but from the research we did, it seems AMU is actually quieter which is GREAT for us since it's just hubby and I!!! Any comments or pics on AMU would be GREAT!!:goodvibes Thanks my fellow disers!!!!!!!

Hello me and my family are actually going to be staying at all star music from sept 8-16th the same time as you:banana: --- this will be our first time at this resort-- we have stayed and POP the last 3 years but could not get POP this year-- even when we booked on the first day of free dinning so this is going to be new for us as well. We are traveling with a group of 7: me my hubby, my mom and dad, my grandma and grandpap, and my aunt-- this is also one of the reasons we deceided to go with the all- star music because it was said to be the most quiet-- we are also staying in the clayspo preffered rooms so that its not as far to walk for my grandparents who are in there 70s'. I really hope its a quiet as we have hear it is:) I also heard they show movies at the pool everynight at 9pm and that the buses and not as bad as they make them out to be-- i;m very excited also for the refurbished rooms-- who knows i might like this resort better than pop-- hope you have a wonderful trip:yay:

To TandT: I've stayed at All Star Movies and Pop -- would not want to spend 14 days (13 nights?) in those small "motel rooms," but if you're young and flexible, it could be fine. There are advantages to staying on property, especially if you don't have a car. If either of you are sensitive about bed comfort for sleeping, I'd recommend taking along a memory foam mattress topper. The resort amenities are fun, but I'd rather they'd spent a little more on the rooms, especially for space and comfort, and less on the public spaces.

We stayed at Pop for three nights, and the hike back to the room from the parking lot at night was a killer, after a long day at the parks. We moved to a small hotel in the Maingate area, and liked it a lot better. It cost less, was much larger, had close-in parking, refrig and micro, handy laundry, a good breakfast, etc. Only a small pool, but it was fine. We had a car and annual passes (which include parking) -- so off-site worked out fine for us. (If you're doing mostly WDW, and staying that long -- annual passes are the way to go).

Not to be negative here -- I'm sure if you plan well, and know what you're facing, you'll have a great time. Be sure to read up on all the Tips and Hints all over this site.

I'll be there with DH from the 5th to the 12th. It's my first time EVER at WDW. I just can't wait. I'll be the one with the huge grin on my face!!!:banana: :cheer2: :banana:

Music has added games and contests by the pool in the afternoon and has movies by the pool at 9 PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
From this website:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=wd070618mg

As we noted on last week's MousePlanetWatch news podcast, We've gotten a couple of reports about the "something special" that we were told to keep our eyes out for at All-Star Music and Yacht & Beach Club. At All-Star Music, we've heard that folks have found karaoke sessions for dance parties near the pools, a nightly movie by the Calypso pool and in increase of staff to make it easier for guests to find assistance. ......

Music has added games and contests by the pool in the afternoon and has movies by the pool at 9 PM.

Here is a review thread about the Family Suites and it also tells about the activities and buses at All Star Music:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1545385

And a review of All Star Music from this thread:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1551973&page=2

I've stayed at all of the All Stars as well as Pop Century, with my most recent stay being at All Stars Music. I just returned home 3 days ago. I had stayed there before for one night and didn't even look at the resort, I drove straight to my room and stayed there until it was time to leave the next day. So I decided to try it for a longer stay this time and I'm so glad I did! This is the sweetest little resort!

I liked all of them but I think this one is now my favorite and if I had kids, well, there is tons for them to do here! Every day is full of activities. When you check in they give you a sheet listing all of them for the week. It seemed that most took place at the Calypso pool. Some of them were a nightly movie, daily bingo games (cost 1.00 per card), one day I came back in the afternoon and they were line dancing at the pool, they also had nightly dance parties before the movie, one day they had karaoke, there was a jump rope contest and a treasure hunt just to name a few.

I also fell in love with the theming at this resort. Calypso definitely has a Caribbean flare to it, this section is kind of noisy because of the pool but it is closest to the main building. Jazz has a tranquil New Orleans Square feel with it's beautiful fountain and wrought iron. Broadway transports you to the streets of New York (literally, Wall Street & Broadway) and has a Central Park inspired area as well. Rock Inn is loud as far as decor goes but it's got the 50's vibe down pat. Country Fair seemed the quietest to me, it was all the way in the back of the resort and had a large, wooden fenced in area with picnic tables. Loved the giant cowgirl boots on the buildings here. Other than the Calypso area though the whole place was pretty tranquil.

For those who have kids that are easily distracted during meals, the food court here has a large tv set up in the very back of the seating area that shows cartoons that might help keep them focused while you are eating.

The newly remodeled rooms are great too! The decor is a lot less cartoony than it used to be. I love that they've added curved shower rods to the bathrooms and they also give you soap and shampoo/conditioner now, which the values never did before. That doesn't really matter to me but it does to some.

I was treated very well at this resort, I'm not going to say everyone will get this but when I got to my room there was a Mickey head towel "animal" on one of the beds for me. When I arrived back that night from the parks I had a call from the gentleman who checked me in saying that if there was anything he could do to make my stay more enjoyable to please let him know. When I came back to my room the next afternoon I had a call waiting from the manager of the resort telling me he hoped I enjoyed my stay and if I needed anything to let him know. There was also a little card on my pillow from the housekeeping staff that said a little birdie told them I was leaving and they hoped that all my dreams came true. All of that really made a good impression on me, never got anything close to that at any other resort I've stayed in, not even the deluxes. Like I said, that might not happen for everyone but it was really nice.

:)

It seems to me that All Star Music is trying harder.

----------------------------------------------------------

All Star Music is my favorite resort. It tends to be the quietest of all the values.

All Star Music just underwent a refurbishment of all of the rooms and was completed in June 2007.

Here is a website with photos of the newly refurbished rooms at All Star Music.

Look at the Jazz Inn section with new posted:

http://allearsnet.com/acc/g_asmu.htm

Please see my info thread For the resons why I enjoy All Star Music so much.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18641909#post18641909

Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

Thanks guys for all of your replies!!!! Look for my hubby and I we'll be the ones with the CROCS on. ME: I have RED MJ and BLACK MJ and YELLOW Caymans and HUBBY: ORANGE caymans AND RED caymans....we'll be hard too miss with those bright colors!!!!

Check out our pre-trippie under pre-trip reports. I believe the title is "Pre Trip Report Huband and Wife getaway September 2007" :hug:

For some reason, your OP says you'll be there 14 days -- looks like maybe it's really 7-8 days, which will likely be okay in a value resort. I'm not sure you'll want to do TL and BB on the same day, and then go to an ADR dinner, but you certainly can do that, just to check it out. You appear to be plenty young enough to have the stamina for that. Keep checking the threads here for hints and tips, and know that it's always good to be flexible, know that you will not be able to see/do everything (the Parks are huge -- a lot of time is used up walking around and waiting in lines). Have a plan, but relax and just enjoy the details -- you can always go back.

I've been a few times on 10-12 days trips, and still not gotten everything done that I expected to do. You will definitely get to all the highlights (use FastPass) -- but slow down sometimes and take things in -- there are a lot of little things worth seeing/doing.

Have a great time. (And, yes, always have ponchos -- and wet bandanas are also helpful around your neck, and for other things).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter