Any Philly (or nearby areas) DisBoarders?

Discussion in 'Gay and Lesbian at Disney' started by MeridAriel, Sep 13, 2017.

1. MeridAriel

MeridAriel Mouseketeer

Hey everyone! I've spent my life in various areas of the south and Chicago, but in 2-3 weeks, I'll be moving to Philadelphia & would greatly appreciate any advice for places to visit, things to do/see...and would love to make some new friends :)

2. Spencer Wright

Spencer Wright Mouseketeer

Hey! You'll have to reach out when you get settled! I live right outside of Southwest Philadelphia (near the airport) and work in Center City. If your into running, running in Fairmount park is beautiful and a great break.

MeridAriel likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. MeridAriel

MeridAriel Mouseketeer

Thank you! I had planned to see who in the group was in the area that might want to hang out :) (Although, I am not a runner-my old lady ballet knees and feet can't hack it...on top of my lungs don't like feeling like they're on fire hahaha)

5. contranimal

contranimal Earning My Ears

I live about 2 hours from Philly in Harrisburg.

You have to make at least 1 trip to Hershey if possible.

One place Ive always wanted to visit down near Philly is a place called Longwood Gardens ( its in Kennet Square PA ) and is about a 45 min - 1 hour drive east of this city. Should come up easy on a google search for the website.

MeridAriel likes this.
  6. Spencer Wright

Spencer Wright Mouseketeer

Yes! It's absolutely beautiful!

MeridAriel likes this.
  7. MeridAriel

MeridAriel Mouseketeer

Oooooh it looks beautiful! As for Hershey...we shall see haha. I'm not a fan of their business practices, but I'm sure my mom will demand we go whenever she visits :) Thank you!

8. contranimal

contranimal Earning My Ears

My favorite thing about Hershey though is they have a small outlets shopping area which has the closets Disney Store to me. That and the chocolate is ok, mainly the Resse's Peanut Butter Cups.

MeridAriel likes this.