Any other Breaking Bad fans out there?

It was everything I hoped it would be! I was not disappointed in this first-of-the-last-season episode at all.

The remaining 7 episodes will have to be CHOCK full of stuff!! No time to slowly build us up, this is it!

****************SPOILER****************

Lydia and Todd.... 2 supposed extraneous variables that felt out of place when they were introduced (to me at least) are throwing me for a loop!! Why? What's their role? We've discussed their possibilities here before so I won't re-hash, but honestly I have lost sleep contemplating them, LOL!

And what about Skylar's reaction to Walt's suggestion they open up another car wash?? First she was like, .... no.... then she changed her tune and thought, hmmm, well I do kinda like that property over..... :) She's in, hook line and sinker.

Did anyone watch Talking Bad? Vince Gilligan and Julie Bowen were the guests and it was good; worth watching for sure.

Can't wait for this next week, seriously, I'm so used to watching 3-4 episodes at one time, this one show per week is killing me!

~Dawn

It was everything I hoped it would be! I was not disappointed in this first-of-the-last-season episode at all.

The remaining 7 episodes will have to be CHOCK full of stuff!! No time to slowly build us up, this is it!

****************SPOILER****************

Lydia and Todd.... 2 supposed extraneous variables that felt out of place when they were introduced (to me at least) are throwing me for a loop!! Why? What's their role? We've discussed their possibilities here before so I won't re-hash, but honestly I have lost sleep contemplating them, LOL!

And what about Skylar's reaction to Walt's suggestion they open up another car wash?? First she was like, .... no.... then she changed her tune and thought, hmmm, well I do kinda like that property over..... :) She's in, hook line and sinker.

Did anyone watch Talking Bad? Vince Gilligan and Julie Bowen were the guests and it was good; worth watching for sure.

Can't wait for this next week, seriously, I'm so used to watching 3-4 episodes at one time, this one show per week is killing me!

~Dawn

******NO SPOILERS FROM RECENT EPISODE -- JUST SPECULATION ON MY PART******

Dawn -

If the spoilers I read from Fake Spoiler Guy were true, I could say that the next 7 shows will be full of action and no time is wasted. However, as I mentioned above, he claims that he faked all of them (which I sort of believe and sort of don't believe), so I am waiting until the next episode to see if any of his "fake" spoilers match up to what happens.

In any case -- about Lydia. The writers have gone out of their way to make her seem jittery, very particular about certain things, skittish, etc. If she doesn't turn out to somehow be connected to Gus Fring (more than on a business level), my feeling all along has been that there is more to Lydia than meets the eye and she will reveal it. I suspect she will or could turn out to be a black widow who just hasn't shown her truly evil side yet. In other words, I don't think she is really as nervous, weak and jumpy as she acts. Notice how she is not very threatening as of yet. I have a feeling she is very much in control and is a bad person, up to all kinds of mayhem. I don't see what her purpose on the show would be if not to cause trouble in some way, so I think we haven't seen what Lydia is really about yet.

Todd - eh. He has to be there to forward the plot in some way too. What would be the point in even bringing him on the show if not to pose some additional threat to Walt, Walt's family or Jesse? Either Todd will do something directly to affect them, or Todd's "uncle" and his crew will do something.

And what about Declan? Where is he in all of this? What was the point in meeting him last year if he is not going to serve a purpose too?

Yes, of course, I watched "Talking Bad"! It was good, but too short. I like when celebrity mega-fans can discuss a show with some intelligence, to demonstrate that they actually do watch it religiously. Julie Bowen obviously knows her stuff and is a huge fan. But the series has been on the air since 2008, and there are now only 7 shows left. Why couldn't "Talking Bad" be one hour long, like "Talking Dead" is? The whole reason "Talking Dead" was extended to one hour was because people complained that 30 minutes was not long enough.

******NO SPOILERS FROM RECENT EPISODE -- JUST SPECULATION ON MY PART******

Dawn -

If the spoilers I read from Fake Spoiler Guy were true, I could say that the next 7 shows will be full of action and no time is wasted. However, as I mentioned above, he claims that he faked all of them (which I sort of believe and sort of don't believe), so I am waiting until the next episode to see if any of his "fake" spoilers match up to what happens.

In any case -- about Lydia. The writers have gone out of their way to make her seem jittery, very particular about certain things, skittish, etc. If she doesn't turn out to somehow be connected to Gus Fring (more than on a business level), my feeling all along has been that there is more to Lydia than meets the eye and she will reveal it. I suspect she will or could turn out to be a black widow who just hasn't shown her truly evil side yet. In other words, I don't think she is really as nervous, weak and jumpy as she acts. Notice how she is not very threatening as of yet. I have a feeling she is very much in control and is a bad person, up to all kinds of mayhem. I don't see what her purpose on the show would be if not to cause trouble in some way, so I think we haven't seen what Lydia is really about yet.

Todd - eh. He has to be there to forward the plot in some way too. What would be the point in even bringing him on the show if not to pose some additional threat to Walt, Walt's family or Jesse? Either Todd will do something directly to affect them, or Todd's "uncle" and his crew will do something.

And what about Declan? Where is he in all of this? What was the point in meeting him last year if he is not going to serve a purpose too?

Yes, of course, I watched "Talking Bad"! It was good, but too short. I like when celebrity mega-fans can discuss a show with some intelligence, to demonstrate that they actually do watch it religiously. Julie Bowen obviously knows her stuff and is a huge fan. But the series has been on the air since 2008, and there are now only 7 shows left. Why couldn't "Talking Bad" be one hour long, like "Talking Dead" is? The whole reason "Talking Dead" was extended to one hour was because people complained that 30 minutes was not long enough.

Talking Bad was 50% commercials and Bowen talked too much. I found her a bit annoying. I wanted to hear Vince Gilligan, but she talked 75% more than he did and she could not get off of the Morocco talk.

This is what we had as a snack during BrBa -- Breaking Bad "Blue Sky" donuts. The donut shop didn't want to name them "Blue Meth."

I'd love Talking Bad to be an hour!! And I actually thought Julie Bowen knew her stuff and intelligently put together some theories.

LOVE the cupcakes, those are darling!!!! I saw something similar posted by a friend on Facebook, I was so jealous!! ;)

Welp, we're on Wednesday, only a few more days until the next episode.
OH, and Declan... right... why write him in if he's not pertinent to the end plot?? I agree completely with your theory on Lydia... there's more to her than this surface stuff we're seeing.

Sooooo, this past Sunday's episode of Talking Bad had what I thought was a pretty revealing moment during the bonus 15 minutes that is available online at amc.com. Anna Gunn kinda reveals a lot when she's describing what she perceives as Skylar's feelings towards Walt and her predictions about going forward.

I don't want to say more, and I don't mean to be cryptic, but if not everyone has seen it I don't want to ruin it.

Oh, and I LOVED this last episode.... the last 15 minutes had my mind reeling!! Trying to guess where it's going is about driving me nuts!!! BUT, after watching Talking Bad, and the bonus 15 minutes, I think it might be a little clearer now. Hmmmmmm............

Dawn

Sooooo, this past Sunday's episode of Talking Bad had what I thought was a pretty revealing moment during the bonus 15 minutes that is available online at amc.com. Anna Gunn kinda reveals a lot when she's describing what she perceives as Skylar's feelings towards Walt and her predictions about going forward.

I don't want to say more, and I don't mean to be cryptic, but if not everyone has seen it I don't want to ruin it.

Oh, and I LOVED this last episode.... the last 15 minutes had my mind reeling!! Trying to guess where it's going is about driving me nuts!!! BUT, after watching Talking Bad, and the bonus 15 minutes, I think it might be a little clearer now. Hmmmmmm............

Dawn

Even though there are only 6 episodes left of BrBa, I really think there should be a separate thread in which we can discuss the shows freely, in the moment, as they are happening or immediately after they have aired. I've been discussing the episodes of this season in depth on Television Without Pity because I feel too inhibited here. I feel like I can't say anything about the episodes -- even if they've aired 4 days ago or 11 days ago -- because it will ruin it for someone out there.

I'm the sort of person who needs to discuss episodes right after or as they air, when they are fresh on my mind and I am excited to talk about them!:rotfl2: "The Walking Dead" thread on this board is more open to letting everyone discuss the shows on the night they air, so this thread is very different and I'm not used to it.

In any case, now that I've seen the second episode I think that the Fake Spoiler guy was telling the truth when he said he faked his synopses of 7 out of the 8 shows. This past episode didn't seem to line up with anything he said in the detailed fake recaps. So all of the spoilers I read for the final shows are undoubtedly, totally untrue and now I have absolutely no clue what will happen...which is good and bad. It's good because everything will be a surprise, but it's bad because I was really looking forward to some of those spoilers being true!:rotfl2:

I have to admit I did not love this past episode. I thought certain scenes dragged on too long for my liking, and certain characters were annoying me (but, again, I feel like I can't get into specifics because it's going to spoil it for someone). I liked the big 'action' scene in the last 15 minutes, but it was a long time coming in that episode...and then it had me wondering what was the point of certain characters even being on the show in the first place.

I'm all for a thread for immediate discussion!!! I watch it as it airs on Sunday nights, and I usually watch Talking Bad as it airs, and then again a 2nd time on Monday morning, LOL!

My husband said the same thing you said about the last 15 minutes and certain characters... what was their purpose?

Lydia's scene.... OK, I just have to talk about this,

****** IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED YET DON'T READ FURTHER********

Lydia's character IS more than what we are "on the surface" led to believe. I think we all knew that anyway. As Chris asked in TB, are she and Todd the new Walt and Jesse? LOL! Aaron Paul laughed at that one. Well, obviously, no, they are not... but as I'm watching the dynamic unfold, with Todd and his uncle killing the entire 'tribe' then walking Lydia out of the buried bus/meth lab.... I kept thinking, "Can't we get another season out of this, just from this one development alone???!" Come on Vince!!!

My feelings run the gamut still regarding the end.... it would be a hoot to see Walt and Skylar sipping a frozen drink on a beach in Belize in the last scene of the last episode, but that won't happen. BUT... given Anna Gunn's monologue she gave on Talking Bad regarding Skylar's feelings and intentions, I have a feeling she's gonna really break bad here soon and cross a line she never thought she'd cross. Murder maybe? Or at the least an accessory and willing co-participant? She and Walt may both go out in a blaze of glory at the end!

Send a link to a new thread if you do that, I'll be at that party!!!
Dawn

I'm all for a thread for immediate discussion!!! I watch it as it airs on Sunday nights, and I usually watch Talking Bad as it airs, and then again a 2nd time on Monday morning, LOL!

My husband said the same thing you said about the last 15 minutes and certain characters... what was their purpose?

Lydia's scene.... OK, I just have to talk about this,

****** IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED YET DON'T READ FURTHER********

Lydia's character IS more than what we are "on the surface" led to believe. I think we all knew that anyway. As Chris asked in TB, are she and Todd the new Walt and Jesse? LOL! Aaron Paul laughed at that one. Well, obviously, no, they are not... but as I'm watching the dynamic unfold, with Todd and his uncle killing the entire 'tribe' then walking Lydia out of the buried bus/meth lab.... I kept thinking, "Can't we get another season out of this, just from this one development alone???!" Come on Vince!!!

My feelings run the gamut still regarding the end.... it would be a hoot to see Walt and Skylar sipping a frozen drink on a beach in Belize in the last scene of the last episode, but that won't happen. BUT... given Anna Gunn's monologue she gave on Talking Bad regarding Skylar's feelings and intentions, I have a feeling she's gonna really break bad here soon and cross a line she never thought she'd cross. Murder maybe? Or at the least an accessory and willing co-participant? She and Walt may both go out in a blaze of glory at the end!

Send a link to a new thread if you do that, I'll be at that party!!!
Dawn

DONE!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3162069

Love BB, I watched Talking Bad and I was wondering why Jesse was wearing that funny hat, He is a good looking guy but that hat, I don't understand it.

YAY!!! I'll hop over to that thread....

Let's see..... I'm Eastern time zone... countdown is 2 hours, 3 minutes for me!

~Dawn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter