Any news on WBC hot tubs reopening?

erbeaman

Mouseketeer
Anyone have an inside scoop on when the hot tubs will reopen at WBC? We are visiting the first weekend in Feb. and are hopeful that they will be open...

We've got a short February visit planned too, and would love to know the answer to this as well. :)

Best to check with state and/or county websites. AFAIK, hot tubs are closed because of health orders due to COVID. They will remain closed at all resorts until allowed to open.

Best to check with state and/or county websites. AFAIK, hot tubs are closed because of health orders due to COVID. They will remain closed at all resorts until allowed to open.
Florida has no rules about hot tubs. In fact, I can't think of any state COVID safety measures now in place. You can pack a restaurant or fill a stadium if you want.

Some counties still have mask mandates, but there is no penalty for breaking them.

However, individual businesses can create whatever rules they want. For example, Disney can require temperature checks or mask wearing.

Some businesses may be working with their insurance companies on some of these rules to reduce liability as well, but that is just speculation.

Last edited:

They are all open at Disney resorts as far as I know.

What about the lazy rivers? Are they open we could bring our own tubes

The hot tub at the Poly is open. Someone posted a pictures the other day of how dead the pool was and that he and his wife had the hot tub all to themselves.

I stand corrected!
Where we hail from public hot tubs and saunas are all closed by public health order. The site for our resort (Vistana) made it sound like they were closed by order. Going back to Marriott and reviewing the latest resort updates, the hot tubs and spas there remain closed still as well, but no mention anywhere of government orders aside from the mask order.

But hey, at least it got the conversation going...

I stand corrected!
Where we hail from public hot tubs and saunas are all closed by public health order. The site for our resort (Vistana) made it sound like they were closed by order. Going back to Marriott and reviewing the latest resort updates, the hot tubs and spas there remain closed still as well, but no mention anywhere of government orders aside from the mask order.

But hey, at least it got the conversation going...
Oddly, the hot tubs are open at Vistana Villages, but not at Vistana Resort. At least during the times we stayed in 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!