Any less obvious "can't misses" for Cars fans?

Thanks for sharing this.. I loved the link about Ridemakerz... Now I'm considering it!!!

If you stay at a DLR hotel, you can do RideMakerz on certain mornings before the store even opens, so a quiet, non-crowded, personal session with your kids and any others from the three hotels who signed up. My three sons did this, and it was just us and a bro-sis pair with their parents. So we all got lots of attention from the staff. After all, we're all there definitely to buy and there's no one else but you, so we got a special experience.

DJ's dance parties are a lot of fun, and kids are invited to dance right next to fim with the girls. So, an extroverted child can have a lot of fun getting right in the mix.

In November, we were disappointed to discover that there was no Lightning or Mater in the Pixar parade, maybe because they're almost always in Radiator Springs now or we just saw it on a weird day.

If you guys collect lots of Cars 1:55 diecast vehicles, watch out for your wallet at Sarge's Surplus in CL. The store features both hard-to-find characters (we got the Popemobile, who has his own name, in November, which became a lot more fun in the past month) and DLR exclusives like RSR cars like the ones in which you ride and Lightning in Mickey ears and Mater in a Goofy hat.
Also at Sarge's: the Carsland CD. We LOVE this, the 3yo requests it daily. The songs from Mater's Junkyard Jamboree are all there, and they are really clever. It also is such a fond memento of our time there. I only wish they had sold a CD of the altered Christmas songs you can hear in CL at Holiday time.

Thanks for this info :) we are staying on site so I will check into this.

I was thinking the other day, trying to list all the Cars 2 references in Cars Land. I came up with just 4.

1. Sir Tow Mater sign -- Pathway near LFT exit
An-entrance-sign-for-CarsLand-from-BugsLand-620x370.jpg

2. Picture of Shu Todoroki -- LFT Queue
cars-2-shu-todoroki.jpg

3. A couple images of Francesco Bernoulli -- LFT Queue
cars-2-franceso-bernoulli.jpg

4. A line in the son "Let's Go Driving", which plays as one of the 7 Mater songs at MJJ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvZZf3i77VQ
"I was a spy for the good guys,
A hero in England and France."

Any others?

I know of a few more:

* When in the queue for Luigi's Flying Tires, in the second room there are bulletin boards with all sorts of stuff on them. Amongst the various things are Luigi's pit passes for the races at the World Grand Prix.

* There's a Finn McMissile autographed photo inside Luigi's Casa Della Tires.

* Lightning McQueen decked out for the World Grand Prix.

- Dreams

Look in the windows of the "lobby" of the Cozy Cone Motel. There is a visual reference to a scene in Toy Story 2 that involves street cones.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

In November, we were disappointed to discover that there was no Lightning or Mater in the Pixar parade, maybe because they're almost always in Radiator Springs now or we just saw it on a weird day.

Mater was in the parade on a Saturday in March, but I don't remember Lightning being there. So either they've brought one of them back for the end, or else I saw it on a weird day! :)

I second the Cars Land CD! It's awesome!! And I too wish they had sold the Xmas version too. Maybe this year!

And I also agree with Sarges! My boys quickly figured out it was filled with all of the stuff they LOVE and we could never go past without walking in! They do have some cheaper souvenirs (for Disney) like a RSR flag, and the small die cast. We got them a flag and a die cast of the RSR ride vehicle. They love them!

Thanks for all your suggestions in this thread. I think we were able to experience most of them. We did miss that great Radiator Springs mural though. We might also have missed out on riding RSR at night b/c we couldn't time our FP times return times right, but as I posted in another thread, RSR broke down while we were on it on our last day and our "breakdown" passes allowed us to walk straight on the ride through the exit late that night. We ordered cocktails from Cozy Cone in preparation for a long wait and ended up having to chuck them in the trash bin nearly full. The kids felt like total VIPs in their pajamas. It was an experience they will not forget.

We feel like we are still on vacation b/c of the Carsland CD on constant rotation. This was our favorite souvenir for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter