Any ideas for a DIY Disney theme christmas...gifts,decorations,etc..

tinkerrn

Needing 'pixie dust'!!
I am trying to get some ideas for a DIY Disney Christmas. Anyone have any cute ideas for Disney theme gifts, ornaments, etc..??

After reading the mickey DIY ornaments, I'm going to make a disney wreath and hang it INSIDE at the window. I'd probably make it 2 sided so everyone can enjoy. I can't let go of my original xmas tree decor - DF is attached to it also.

tinkerrn, are you doing anything special?

BTW, as a kid growing up in the bay area, there's a little community in the peninsula where ALL the houses are decorated. There's a house that made life size poster boards of all disney winter characters - it was amazing, along with Mickey as santa and pluto as the reindeir. Hopefully they will bring them out again this year and I can post them up here.

I have my homemade Disney theme wreath to put over the fireplace, our WL theme homemade tree ornaments for our tree, and I just bought an adorable disney train set that goes around the tree ( it was only $30.00!!!).

I plan on making a Mickey head tree topper for our tree ( thanks to the fantastic thread on the DIS). I am planning on making cinnamon ornaments with the mickey gingerbread cookie cutter, I am going to use paints to decorate them to look like icing.

I bought some adorable mickey and friends rub ons this summer, will more than likely make some glass ornaments with those. I was thinking of using my mickey icon punch to cut out some cute mickey heads in red plaids to put in them. Still going with the WL theme.

I also just bought 2 mickey ice trays that I will be doing something with?? Any ideas on what to make with them? I was thinkng of using them as a mold for fudge or making soaps in them. These will be used as gifts to give out.

I also have 5 mickey head icon stocking holders that I bought on clearance this summer. I am planning on priming them and spray painting them a different color ( they are silver).

I love the idea of making things at home with the disney theme. Any other ideas that any one has????

Any ideas on a Disney kissing ball? I thought that would be really cute, but can't figure out how to do one.

I was thinking of making disney ornament wreaths for the inside and outside of the house. Do you think a wooden round base or a styrofoam round base would be better to hot glue the ornaments on to? First, I was just going to make mickey icon ornaments out of 2 sizes, one for the face and 2 on top for the ears. Hot glue them together, I was going to use plastic ornaments in one color. Then attatch them to a base. Then attatch a ribbon on the back to use as a hanger.

I have seen several mickey icon ornaments that are soo cute, but are so expensive. They were round with 'cranberry beads' all over. Any ideas on how to make.

Bumping, there are some neat ideas.. anyone want to add.

This Sounds Adorable. Where Do You Find A Mm Ginger Bread Cookie Cutter. I Have The Mickey Icon Cutter But Never Saw A Gingerbread One. Post A Picture Of This If You Can. Thanks

pinocchioprod_1972_10341048.gif

This is a picture of the Gingerbread mickey cookie cutter, I have the sku # if anyone wants to order directly from WDW. It was $10.00, it is discontinued and there is a limited number of these available. There are several websites that also them them. I am very excited, can't wait to make my cookies and ornaments from this adorable cookie cutter!

i haven't taken a picture of these yet, but I am making ornaments out of Mickey head shaped pretzels! I originally bought them to dip them in chocolate for candy, but decided I'd play around with a bag to see what else I can do with them.

I put clear glue on them and then sprinkled red and clear glitter on them. They look soooo cute! They look like cookies! I am also going to give them a clear coat of varnish just as a precaution. Then when they are dry, I will string red ribbon through one of the ears to hang them on the tree. They are small, so they will go on our table top tree.

Once, I am finished with them I'll post a pic.

Gift ideas that I am thinking of making...
colored glycerin soaps using the Mickey Head ice cube tray
Mickey cookies and rice crispy treats using the Mickey Head cookie cutter
You could even dip the ears in chocolate and sprinkle w/ Mickey candy sprinkles and put a popsicle stick in like they do at the parks.
There's that Mickey gingerbread cookie cutter that I am kicking myself for not buying when we were there last!
Mickey and Minnie chocolate lolipops using a mold found on eBay
chocolate dipped pretzel rods sprinkled w/ Mickey candy sprinkles
Using a Disney straw and putting 2-3 marshmallows on the end, dipping in chocolate and sprinkling w/ Mickey candy sprinkles
I took most of these ideas from things I have seen them do @ WDW.

I have made all the above in the past (w/ the exception of the soaps & marshmallows) and they turned out super cute. So I am thinking of putting together some cute baskets using these homemade treats.
I also have a large Mickey Head hole-punch that I was going to use to make gift tags. I have also made bottlecap necklaces and bracelets w/ Disney characters for kid's b-day's. They are a big hit w/ the kids.
:santa:

Any ideas on a Disney kissing ball? I thought that would be really cute, but can't figure out how to do one.
QUOTE]

What about gluing three styrofoam balls together to make the Mickey head and then you can poke the mistletoe into the styrofoam? I think a kissing ball would be darling!

Okay, sorry this is my 3rd post in a row! But I thought of another idea. I saw on one of the webpage's pictures from one of the resorts Christmas decor and they had made the cutest Mickey Head lolipop decorations. It looked like they took a sheet of styrofoam and used a Mickey cookie cutter to cut the shape out. Then they painted them different colors and put glitter on them, stuck a dowel rod in for the stick, and voila! They were displaying these around Goofy w/ peppermint Christmas lights. I thought they would make a cute centerpiece. Put some Gingerbread Mickey's on dowels and then stick the lolipops and gingerbread men into a centerpiece of flowers or an opened Christmas gift box w/ cellophane coming out. I hope this makes sense.

I took WL postcards and pictures and glued cinnamon sticks around them, they look like logs. I also decorated pinecones and hung them with ribbon. All the ornaments are rustic with Mickey icons on them. They are all up in the attic, when I get a chance I will take pitures of them and post them.

Someone on the Dis did this for their bathroom, they took the home depot paint chips and had them laminated then used them on the hooks for their shower curtain liner, I am sure you could add a whole with some ribbon and make ornaments, might be cute???

I took WL postcards and pictures and glued cinnamon sticks around them, they look like logs. I also decorated pinecones and hung them with ribbon. All the ornaments are rustic with Mickey icons on them. They are all up in the attic, when I get a chance I will take pitures of them and post them.

These sound adorable and I look forward to the photos.

I have several things out of the attic. Just need to take some pics and post them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter