Any ideas for “surprises”?

Chrislovesdisney

DIS Veteran
going to Disney this summer with my 3 and 6 year old girls and DH. My 6 year old can get anxious, so she knows about the trip (we have to role play day by day). She just found out that her friend’s parents surprised her friend with a trip on the day of. My dd loved this idea and so I’m thinking of embedding a surprise or two. Problem is, she already knows our itinerary and character meals. I snagged a late breakfast in the beast’s castle. Other than character meals, anything else anyone can think of to arrange as a surprise? We are going to each park, staying on boardwalk, and do not want to do bbb. Tia!

going to Disney this summer with my 3 and 6 year old girls and DH. My 6 year old can get anxious, so she knows about the trip (we have to role play day by day). She just found out that her friend’s parents surprised her friend with a trip on the day of. My dd loved this idea and so I’m thinking of embedding a surprise or two. Problem is, she already knows our itinerary and character meals. I snagged a late breakfast in the beast’s castle. Other than character meals, anything else anyone can think of to arrange as a surprise? We are going to each park, staying on boardwalk, and do not want to do bbb. Tia!
Would she enjoy the fancy tea party at the Grand Floridian? Mermaid Makeover at Magic Kingdom?

Does she know the exact date you are leaving? You could do a countdown but add in an extra day then Surprise her by leaving a day early.

Maybe a little gift some mornings? A cute surprise, but won't mess with any plans you have and won't add to her anxiety when the plan changes. Especially since she knows the itinerary.

Does she know the exact date you are leaving? You could do a countdown but add in an extra day then Surprise her by leaving a day early.

So funny you mentioned this: we actually decided to fly down the night before and stay at a value the one night b/c it was cheaper than flying the original morning. And I thought about making that a surprise, but she overheard when I was asking my father to take us to the airport..... sigh....!

Thanks! I hadn’t even thought about gift-related things, I was so hung up on experience things. These may work! I also thought about the frozen dessert party but not sure they will last so long (and we have to be at mk for 8am the next day)

You could do the gifts in the morning idea suggested by a PP and have them be from Tinkerbell with a letter each day. The gifts could be related to your plans for the day. She may also enjoy Pirates and Pals firework event.

I did fun pajamas (I did the Disney Hanna Andersson ones that are super cute) that I had laid out on their bed for them one night when we got back from the park. Just something small but I felt like it was a fun part of making things a little more magical and a tiny element of surprise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter