Any idea who has the best deals on iPhones?

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by disny_luvr, Nov 7, 2018 at 9:56 PM.

1. disny_luvr

disny_luvr DIS Veteran

We are planning on getting our twin sons iPhones for Christmas (they are the only 7th graders without phones, or so they say :rolleyes:). Any idea who has the best deals this time of year? I’m thinking we are going to go with the iPhone 7, but I did see in Target’s Black Friday ad that you get a $150 Target g/c with purchase of an iPhone 8. Can I purchase one iPhone 8, get the g/c and then turn around and use the g/c towards the second iPhone 8? Any suggestions of other deals?

TIA!

2. amoggio816

amoggio816 Having a blast!

Best buy and ATT have buy 1 get 1 deals with a new line.

disny_luvr likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. MillauFr

MillauFr Buzz & Woody

Not sure what deals they are offering now, but Virgin Mobile has good service for $33.83 per month for unlimited. Last time I bought an I*Phone from them they were selling them for $179.

disny_luvr likes this.
  5. MillauFr

MillauFr Buzz & Woody

Looks like they are selling I*Phone 6 for $179 on the Virgin Mobile website.

disny_luvr likes this.
  6. Best Aunt

Best Aunt "That's the best-est present ever!"

I don't know which carrier you use, but check to see what kind of deals they have.

Maybe you are lucky and you can use any carrier. Where I am, you have to use a certain carrier to get decent reception.

disny_luvr likes this.
  7. wenrob

wenrob DIS Veteran

Check the Black Friday thread. The OP has been putting the ads in the first post. Walmart’s deals looked promising. I never buy phones at the holidays but I was actually tempted by those for my kids who have phones and don’t need them. :rotfl:

disny_luvr likes this.
  8. disny_luvr

disny_luvr DIS Veteran

Thank you all for the tips. I will look into all of them.

9. StitchandPooh'sMom

StitchandPooh'sMom DIS Veteran

Walmart is offering $400 gift cards with the iPhone 8, 8 Plus or X, and $300 gift cards with the newest iPhones that just came out when you buy with your carrier's installment plan.

As far as using one gift card to purchase the second phone, when I bought two iPhones from Target, I only paid taxes at the time of purchase. The monthly installment fee is charged on my Verizon bill (but I didn't try paying for the phone in full).

10. starry_solo

starry_solo DIS Veteran

I'm tempted to buy the Samsung galaxy s9+ so hopefully there are good deals.

I'm really hoping for great deals on the Samsung website for unlocked phones

11. descovy

descovy DIS Veteran

On the Target deal... to get the gift card you can't buy the phones outright. You have to buy them with an installment plan. So there is no using the $150 gift card on the second phone.

Target often has these gift card deals, and they are pretty good. Since you're looking for 2 phones, keep your eyes posted for BOGO deals from your carrier. Those are often an even better deal. Considering an iPhone 8 is $699, that equals a bigger get than the gift card deal.

12. disny_luvr

disny_luvr DIS Veteran

Good to know. Yes, we want to pay for the phones outright. I’ll keep checking with my carrier for deals.

13. wenrob

wenrob DIS Veteran

It might depend on your carrier but with AT&T Next a few years ago I was able to go on the plan and then go in later and pay the balance off.

disny_luvr likes this.
  14. erin1715

erin1715 DIS Veteran

We went to Best Buy tonight to take advantage of the buy one get one deal with at&t for Iphones. The catch is that you have to get directv too. We normally would prefer directv over our cable provider but our tree line doesn’t allow us to get satellite tv. So we were out of luck. Bummer.

15. ashley0139

ashley0139 DIS Veteran

My iPhone 6 is just about dead so I am waiting until next week to get the iPhone XS with $250 gift card. It's good timing. Very excited!