Any idea where my room will be at AKL?

golfgal

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=green>When did vacu
Ok, it's May, I have been waiting a long time to ask this because I thought it was silly to ask it in December (ok, it is still silly to ask) but where will my room be? There are 5 of us and we are guarenteed a deluxe savannah view with bunk beds and a day bed. Is there an area where these rooms are or are they spread out all over. Most people haven't mentioned the deluxe savannah rooms, just the regular ones. I am hoping that since we have to pay some much more for the dang room, we at least get a prime location. Anyone know? I have a map so if you know room numbers or which building, that would be great! I am just getting really excited to go!

golfgal said:
we are guarenteed a deluxe savannah view with bunk beds and a day bed.
Nothing at Disney is guaranteed. It is requested. Hopefully you will get what you want but if you go in expecting it, you very well might get disappointed. I just hate to see your whole trip spoiled because someone promised you something that Disney will not guarantee.

Good Luck

DisneyWisher said:
Nothing at Disney is guaranteed. It is requested. Hopefully you will get what you want but if you go in expecting it, you very well might get disappointed. I just hate to see your whole trip spoiled because someone promised you something that Disney will not guarantee.

Good Luck

Actually, with 5 people, a deluxe savannah room is guaranteed because those are the only rooms that fit 5 people and you pay a good bit extra for it.

However, I don't know where they are located.

We just got back and had requested a HC room with a roll-in shower with a zebra view if possible. We paid for a regular savannah view, not deluxe. We had an excellent room on the second floor not too far from the lobby. We were about a third of the way out on the savannah. At first I wanted something a little further out but by the end of the trip I was enjoying the closer room. The animals were right outside the window every morning because they feed them close to Arusha rock. Since we were close to the rock we got the see them close up. Also got to see a wedding that took place out there early one morning.
Enjoy! :cool1:

A deluxe savannah view room will be on the 5th floor, perhaps on the 4th. I know the 5th is deluxe rooms, I am just not sure about the 4th. 3rd floor and below are regular rooms. 6th is all concierge.

You can "buy" a deluxe bunk bed room, the price is quite a bit more than just "requesting" it. I was told that is the only way to guarantee it. The price for me for 6 nights was about $1000 more than standard view so I opted for 2 ASMo rooms since we need 3 beds.

The non-concierge deluxe rooms are on the 5th floor of the Zebra and Kudu trails. From these trails you could have a room viewing any of the three savannahs. I'm unsure how many or the location of the bunk bed rooms on this floor. Also there are approx. 40 deluxe rooms that are used for concierge on the 5th floor.

Take a look at the map on allears to get an idea.

WoW!!! I really got an upgrade then! We went in May04 and had booked a standard room at AKL for 3 nights. I just requested a bunkbed room if possible. They gave me a room on the 5th floor (room 5422), near the first hallway window, facing the pool and it had a bunkbed and a daybed in there. I thought those were just regular pool view rooms! I didn't realize those were deluxe rooms.

Very nice room and quite spacious too.

oogieboogie said:
WoW!!! I really got an upgrade then! We went in May04 and had booked a standard room at AKL for 3 nights. I just requested a bunkbed room if possible. They gave me a room on the 5th floor, near the first hallway window, facing the pool and it had a bunkbed and a daybed in there. I thought those were just regular pool view rooms! I didn't realize those were deluxe rooms.

Very nice room and quite spacious too.

That is a great upgrade. With our email code our room is $300/night. For a regular savannah view, non-deluxe so basically slightly smaller and no day bed that room is $166/night just to give you an idea of how much of an upgrade you got!

I don't know if the 'deluxe' rooms at AKL are all that deluxe... They are just a few (or couple?) feet longer giving enough room for a daybed in the bunkbed rooms. We were mid way down the Kudu trail in a 2 queen room facing the Arusha Savannah. We had a good view of the Zebras, while the giraffes were more distant. The animals moved around but they tended to eat in the same spots.

We loved the AKL and would definately go back in the future. Hotel atmosphere was great, room view was great, food was great!

lisareniff said:
I don't know if the 'deluxe' rooms at AKL are all that deluxe... They are just a few (or couple?) feet longer giving enough room for a daybed in the bunkbed rooms. We were mid way down the Kudu trail in a 2 queen room facing the Arusha Savannah. We had a good view of the Zebras, while the giraffes were more distant. The animals moved around but they tended to eat in the same spots.

We loved the AKL and would definately go back in the future. Hotel atmosphere was great, room view was great, food was great!

Did you have a daybed in your 2 queen room. I guess I was under the impression that all the deluxe rooms had bunkbeds and a daybed (pull out sofa).

Nope! No daybed in our 2 Queen. I thought there would be when I first booked but upon further disboarding I realized I was wrong. I believe the only rooms that sleep 5 at AKL are the deluxe bundbed rooms. I'm not sure if the deluxe king room has a daybed or not.

Also, I think that the day bed is not a pull out sofa but an actual daybed. I think WL deluxe rooms have 2 queens and a pull out sofa.

lisareniff said:
Also, I think that the day bed is not a pull out sofa but an actual daybed. I think WL deluxe rooms have 2 queens and a pull out sofa.

Actually, the room we got was a pull out sofa, cause I remember having to pull it out for DS. We ended up keeping it in the bed position because DS liked sleeping on it instead of the bunk. I do know the one in the Beach Club was an actual daybed - no pulling that one out.

Was this it? I didn't realize it was a pullout type sofa! I was thinking more futton or removeable pillows. Allears shows one in the deluxe king rooms too!

akl_delux3.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter